Looping USB video?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 cwoodruffcoates

cwoodruffcoates

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 04:31 PM

Hello everyone. I'm a graduate student at the University of Arizona School of Art, and looking into buying some 26 - 32 inch LED / LCD TVs for my thesis. My thesis involves looping video that must be seamless. In other words, you cannot tell when the video starts or ends. I am aware that TVs with built in DVD players can do this, however, I desire 1080 X 1920 quality, so I think I am going with a TV with a USB hookup. Does anyone know of a Flat screen TV that can loop video files on USB, or play long ( 8 hours ) video files from a USB drive? Thank you, I'm looking forward to responses! As soon as I am out of graduate school, I'm investing in a larger HD TV so I can once again return to film addiction. Cheers, Charles.

#2 of 4 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 16,226 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted February 11 2013 - 02:06 AM

That's kind of a humdinger! Might be easier to put a cheap PC or a Roku/Apple TV kind of device on loop than to hope the TV will do it itself.

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

#3 of 4 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 16,226 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted February 11 2013 - 02:07 AM

Also, even with devices like that, I bet it is going to be very easy to see the seams. They take a bit to reset and restart in my previous experience.

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

#4 of 4 charlesDean

charlesDean

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted February 14 2013 - 06:38 PM

Hello, I would just pick up a samsung TV with USB, they will loop just fine and you can always add a computer later on, but no real point with what you are looking to do now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users