Looping USB video?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by cwoodruffcoates, Feb 8, 2013.

1. cwoodruffcoates

cwoodruffcoates Auditioning

Hello everyone. I'm a graduate student at the University of Arizona School of Art, and looking into buying some 26 - 32 inch LED / LCD TVs for my thesis. My thesis involves looping video that must be seamless. In other words, you cannot tell when the video starts or ends. I am aware that TVs with built in DVD players can do this, however, I desire 1080 X 1920 quality, so I think I am going with a TV with a USB hookup. Does anyone know of a Flat screen TV that can loop video files on USB, or play long ( 8 hours ) video files from a USB drive? Thank you, I'm looking forward to responses! As soon as I am out of graduate school, I'm investing in a larger HD TV so I can once again return to film addiction. Cheers, Charles.

2. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    That's kind of a humdinger! Might be easier to put a cheap PC or a Roku/Apple TV kind of device on loop than to hope the TV will do it itself.

3. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Also, even with devices like that, I bet it is going to be very easy to see the seams. They take a bit to reset and restart in my previous experience.

4. charlesDean

charlesDean Auditioning

Hello, I would just pick up a samsung TV with USB, they will loop just fine and you can always add a computer later on, but no real point with what you are looking to do now.