-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Warner Brothers: Please release a COMPLETE set of "Green Lantern: The Animated Series" on Blu-Ray

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Michael Allred

Michael Allred

Screenwriter

• 1,717 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted February 06 2013 - 07:11 AM

The only reason I ever watched Cartoon Network the past year or so was to watch "Green Lantern: The Animated Series." Sadly, the network has cancelled that excellent show (even though there is a vocal and on-going campaign online to save it.) WB released season 1 part 1 on DVD only which made me go "WTF?" Watching it in HD was really the only way to go on television, the CGI animation really shined (and the colors just POPPED.) I bought the DVD set to support the show anyway but now that the series has unfortunately come to an end, I am hoping that Warner Brothers releases the entire series onto Blu-Ray in one collection as opposed to just releasing season 1 part 2 on DVD only and doing nothing else with it.

#2 of 3 Nebiroth

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor

• 736 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 07:57 AM

I expect we'll get the other half on DVD...eventually... Shame it's cancelled. It hasn't arrived in the UK yet but it sounded a good alternative to kiddified drivel like Ultimate Spider Man. I;d pay real money if some bright spark would produce a proper version of that - just edit together the good bits (the animation is fine) and cut out all the horrible "JarJar Binks Moments" which I honestly cannot conceive of anyone over the age of three years actually enjoying. It makes the show completely unwatchable for me, the kiddified-rapid-cut stuff is awful. And they're going to do the same thing to The Avengers, except the poor Hulk , who gets special treatment in the form of his own show - equally kiddified.

#3 of 3 Michael Allred

Michael Allred

Screenwriter

• 1,717 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted February 08 2013 - 02:14 PM

I expect we'll get the other half on DVD...eventually... Shame it's cancelled. It hasn't arrived in the UK yet but it sounded a good alternative to kiddified drivel like Ultimate Spider Man.

Oh I'd expect a DVD release for the second half too BUT I'm hoping WB gives the show a proper send off and release the whole series on Blu-Ray.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users