What's new

Warner Brothers: Please release a COMPLETE set of "Green Lantern: The Animated Series" on Blu-Ray (1 Viewer)

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
The only reason I ever watched Cartoon Network the past year or so was to watch "Green Lantern: The Animated Series." Sadly, the network has cancelled that excellent show (even though there is a vocal and on-going campaign online to save it.) WB released season 1 part 1 on DVD only which made me go "WTF?" Watching it in HD was really the only way to go on television, the CGI animation really shined (and the colors just POPPED.) I bought the DVD set to support the show anyway but now that the series has unfortunately come to an end, I am hoping that Warner Brothers releases the entire series onto Blu-Ray in one collection as opposed to just releasing season 1 part 2 on DVD only and doing nothing else with it.

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
I expect we'll get the other half on DVD...eventually... Shame it's cancelled. It hasn't arrived in the UK yet but it sounded a good alternative to kiddified drivel like Ultimate Spider Man. I;d pay real money if some bright spark would produce a proper version of that - just edit together the good bits (the animation is fine) and cut out all the horrible "JarJar Binks Moments" which I honestly cannot conceive of anyone over the age of three years actually enjoying. It makes the show completely unwatchable for me, the kiddified-rapid-cut stuff is awful. And they're going to do the same thing to The Avengers, except the poor Hulk , who gets special treatment in the form of his own show - equally kiddified.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Nebiroth said:
I expect we'll get the other half on DVD...eventually... Shame it's cancelled. It hasn't arrived in the UK yet but it sounded a good alternative to kiddified drivel like Ultimate Spider Man.
Oh I'd expect a DVD release for the second half too BUT I'm hoping WB gives the show a proper send off and release the whole series on Blu-Ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks