What's new

Help with New Build (1 Viewer)

derekvw

Auditioning
Real Name
Derek Van Winkle
I'm wanting to get started on my first HT system. I've installed systems for new homes but never had the chance to work on one myself. All I have currently is a pair of Sony BS1000 along with a Polk PSW10. I was thinking about adding a Pioneer 1022 and Klipsch RB-62 II along with Klipsch RC-25. I planned on using the Klipsch RB-62 as front mains, the RC as the center channel, and using the Sony BS1000s as my LS/RS. One thing I was wondering is whether I should wait for the 2013 receivers to come out or if I should look at any other receiver in the price range of the 1022. Thanks for your help!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
"One thing I was wondering is whether I should wait for the 2013 receivers to come out or if I should look at any other receiver in the price range of the 1022." Nobody can answer that for you. But we need to know what you are going to use with the AVR(as in your sources) to offer guidance. Want... Networking? Height/Width? 5.1/7.1/9.1? Have... VCR? Ipod/Ipad? BD? DVD? Wii? Sega?

derekvw

Auditioning
Real Name
Derek Van Winkle
For right now, I'd prefer to keep it under $650 for the AVR and L/R and Center speaker. I'll reuse my existing speakers for LS/RS/LFE for the time being. Room is about 13x19 I believe. I'll measure again tonight. Features wanted: Networking AirPlay 5.1 (Bi-Amp Mains) Auto EQ Have: iPad iPhone XBox 360 PS 3 HD Cable Box I figured it would be wiser to invest in better speakers with a cheaper AVR as speakers are a longer investment. Is that a correct assumption?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Networking with Apple support sends you straight to Yamaha and Pioneer as your budget won't touch an Airplay Denon. The 1022 is just about the only AVR to look at that leaves a budget for speakers. Don't worry about "bi-amping* the mains" as it is typically useless to do so. Unless you listen to 2.0 music often. *The 1022 apparently doesn't bi-amp anyway. You have to go up to the 1122 for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks