• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 of 16 GMpasqua

GMpasqua

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted January 14 2013 - 02:44 PM

Anyone remember  the Hanna-Barbera Production "The New Adventures of Huckleberry Finn"

on NBC Sunday nights during 1968-69 where they combined live action with animation?

Tom, Huck amd Becky were live actors the rest animated

Has this ever been released on video? did a search but couldn't find anything

#2 of 16 Tory

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

• PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted January 14 2013 - 04:07 PM

Not yet but it use to come on Boomerang a lot.
Hungry enough to eat a turnip and call it a turkey.

#3 of 16 dhammer

dhammer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted January 15 2013 - 01:17 AM

The folks at Warner archives facebook wrote that this was planned for eventual release.

#4 of 16 Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted January 15 2013 - 08:48 AM

The folks at Warner archives Facebook say that about 99% of the shows they get asked about.

#5 of 16 Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted January 15 2013 - 08:48 AM

The folks at Warner archives Facebook say that about 99% of the shows they get asked about.

#6 of 16 Ron1973

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

• PipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted January 15 2013 - 03:13 PM

Either that or "we have no present plans for this show and it may have music issues but keep looking as you never know what will happen"

#7 of 16 Kevin Martinez

Kevin Martinez

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted January 15 2013 - 03:35 PM

FINALLY. People who actually make sense.

#8 of 16 Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 02:42 AM

Yeah the biggest mistake they made was to start answering the publics questions on Facebook about releases. They should not provide any answers to release questions at all like all the other studios and just release their product when its ready and make annoucements when they are ready.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#9 of 16 ThatDonGuy

ThatDonGuy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by GMpasqua 

Anyone remember  the Hanna-Barbera Production "The New Adventures of Huckleberry Finn"

on NBC Sunday nights during 1968-69 where they combined live action with animation?

It's more popular than you might think, as it was part of the Banana Splits syndication package (in fact, other than for the Banana Splits episodes, that was the only show in the package where they kept the show's own closing credits).

#10 of 16 Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 03:16 AM

I would think it might help to know who exactly it is that posts there. Is it someone with an intimate knowledge of what they are doing or is it a 19 year old intern?

#11 of 16 Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 03:17 AM

I would think it might help to know who exactly it is that posts there. Is it someone with an intimate knowledge of what they are doing or is it a 19 year old intern?

#12 of 16 JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 04:22 AM

Actually, in my experience, they usually don't respond. I don't think it's a mistake to answer questions simply because some people are going to find something to complain about. Those people will complain no matter what. I appreciate the opportunity to contact someone, and I only wish they would respond more often with more detail. For example, since the Banana Splits shows on Boomerang, I would like to know where that stands.

#13 of 16 Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 04:22 AM

Either way it wouldn't matter as people have different ideas: Some are grateful that they answer questions and understand that they are working on so many different titles in the Vast Warner library and realise there are many different reasons that can be delaying a release and others expect their personal wants released immediately and anything less than that is failure by the studio. So the best solution is to not answer release questions at all like all other studios.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#14 of 16 Ron1973

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

• PipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted January 16 2013 - 07:04 AM

I asked them on Facebook about Enos, the one season spin-off of The Dukes of Hazzard. I got a very prompt, very polite reply saying that they have looked into it, that the series needed remastered (I highly doubt it's ever been in syndication) and there could be possible music rights to deal with. Of course, they couldn't give me a release date or even say IF it was ever going to be released, but I did at least get a response. That's more than what you get from CBS HE on their Facebook page. I've seen numerous people make requests for shows, especially Petticoat Junction and The Beverly Hillbillies, and they're ignored. Those are the only two "fan pages" I frequent as far as studios go. Well, Shout! sometimes and they're always polite and generally respond, too.

#15 of 16 Kevin Martinez

Kevin Martinez

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 10:03 AM

That's because you asked about a live-action property; the mind games are usually reserved for animation.

#16 of 16 Mark Y

Mark Y

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 10:28 AM

Actually, in my experience, they usually don't respond. I don't think it's a mistake to answer questions simply because some people are going to find something to complain about. Those people will complain no matter what. I appreciate the opportunity to contact someone, and I only wish they would respond more often with more detail. For example, since the Banana Splits shows on Boomerang, I would like to know where that stands.

I asked them about it on Facebook. Apparently still in limbo due to issues with the elements. (Cliff's Notes version: Three choices -- edited half-hours, full shows on dubs of Quad video masters with color banding issues, or various segments in 35mm film which are all separated and not assembled into shows. Research and reconstruction necessary.) As far as Huckleberry Finn, I think any of those I ever saw on Boomerang looked like they originated from 16mm syndication prints. They skipped the show opening, I suspect because the opening on the shows was the syndicated Banana Splits intro and not the original. So without having any "insider knowledge" but being somewhat familiar with the material, my best guess is either they are only handy in 16mm and/or they don't have a decent master of the show opening/prologue -- there were two different ones, one with Aunt Polly and one without, then they'd have to figure out which one goes on which episodes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users