What's new

New Adventure of Huckleberry Finn (1 Viewer)

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Warner Archive edited 47 seconds out of episode 1 "The Magic Shillelah."
Details about the edits are in this video:

Well I think there is nothing wrong if the original people creating the show wanted to edit it out before viewing but I always have a problem when some haughty, self righteous, interest decides decades down the road how ignorant and bigoted previous generations were. Well enjoy this show because I am quite sure that someone will come along some day and complain that why is Becky wearing the dress instead of Huck or Tom. Sounds crazy? Say it will never happen? Yeah, until it does.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Is Warner Archive still releasing this on pressed disc or have they now switched to burned disc?

likewow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kyle
Warner Archive edited 47 seconds out of episode 1 "The Magic Shillelah."
Details about the edits are in this video:

Thanks for pointing this out and showing us the cut footage. Why would they edit out such great material?:(

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
My guess is that Warner Archive was relying on old source material that made the edits. It seems less scary to me than the widely shown Tom Sawyer G rated movie from the early 70s. I don't think Warner Archive would intentionally edit this out.

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
My guess is that Warner Archive was relying on old source material that made the edits. It seems less scary to me than the widely shown Tom Sawyer G rated movie from the early 70s. I don't think Warner Archive would intentionally edit this out.

Believe me Warner Archives does edit things they think are politically incorrect. Johnny Quest immediately comes to mind. If you could find threads on that it would be a good read. I can mame specific episodes and sequences that were cut.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Believe me Warner Archives does edit things they think are politically incorrect. Johnny Quest immediately comes to mind. If you could find threads on that it would be a good read. I can mame specific episodes and sequences that were cut.
Yes, but this wasn't politically incorrect as far as I can tell unless it was because the threats came from "injun" joe and that's the premise of the whole series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks