Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

OLED TV, including Panasonic at CES. Has Home Theater covered this and if so where?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   JParker

JParker

Second Unit

• 309 posts

Posted January 11 2013 - 10:06 AM

Here's a YouTube from PeriodTech: And CNET: When it's ten feet measured diagonally I'd be interested... Any posts or YouTubes from this site? Nothing on the home page. Size too small too matter? Anyone here see it or the others? http://www.extremete...t-over-probably

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Keith Plucker

Keith Plucker

Screenwriter

• 1,049 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted January 12 2013 - 04:00 AM

As far away as the hardware for 4K televisions is for the mainstream, 4K content seems even more out in the distance. It seems like there has been talk about streaming but who wants to spend a bunch of money on a 4K TV and then have nothing to feed it but a highly compressed 4K stream.

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see any news about the blu-ray spec being expanded to allow for 4K content. Didn't someone show a 100GB BD disc some time back?

-Keith

As far as I'm concerned, it's a damned shame that a field as potentially dynamic and vital as journalism should be overrun with dullards, bums, and hacks, hag-ridden with myopia, apathy, and complacence, and generally stuck in a bog of stagnant mediocrity. - Hunter S. Thompson, 1958, from cover letter he wrote for a newspaper job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users