What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

NBA 2012-13 Regular Season Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
It's time for another annual NBA thread. :)
Check out the standings in the Southwest (particularly San Antonio and Memphis). You don't see this all that often. ;)
http://espn.go.com/nba/standings
And the Oklahoma City Thunder are leading the Charlotte Bobcats by forty (64-24) at halftime.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
That was an interesting game between the Celtics and Mavericks last night, won by Boston in double overtime. At one point the announcers were wondering if Rick Carlisle would have the 'Dirkster' come out for a shot or two even though he was wearing his street clothes. ;)
The Golden State Warriors are on fire right now. They've won five straight on the road, and last night's victory in Miami was impressive. I heard that the Warriors had not won five straight on the road since sometime in the 1970s. I always enjoy watching this team play, and rooted for them to do well when Nellie was coaching them.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400278034

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Originally Posted by Ockeghem /t/325530/nba-2012-13-regular-season-discussion-thread#post_4013236
The Golden State Warriors are on fire right now. They've won five straight on the road, and last night's victory in Miami was impressive. I heard that the Warriors had not won five straight on the road since sometime in the 1970s. I always enjoy watching this team play, and rooted for them to do well when Nellie was coaching them.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400278034

Then the Warriors lost to the Magic, but bounced back the next day in Atlanta. An impressive road trip so far, as these types of trips, tend to be brutal.

It is weird to see them and the Clippers at the top of the division, though the Lakers are slowly climbing back, since the coaching change.

Here's hoping the Sixers beat the Lakers today!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I remember the 1971-1972 Lakers streak. But like the 17-0 1972 Miami Dolphins, it didn't strike me as phenomenal at the time it was happening, although I suppose that it should have.

I thought the Celtics would defeat them the other night, but Boston came up two points short. And once I saw the Heat erase a 27-point deficit in the third quarter (and on the road, no less), I figured just about anything is possible with this team. The March 31st game in San Antonio, which would be the thirtieth consecutive win for Miami, is IMO the most difficult game facing the Heat at this point. (Now watch them lose to the Pistons in Miami tonight -- LOL.)

http://espn.go.com/l...-winning-streak

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
It was weird when the Clippers clinched the division, by sweeping the Lakers in the season series. Something was not right with that picture. ;)

The playoffs start today, and I don't see any team stopping the Heat, who should sweep the Bucks easily.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Does anyone think that the Spurs -- should they get to the final -- will defeat the Heat?

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Watching Golden State eliminate the Nuggets was somewhat surprising. They're quite a pesky team, dating back to at least the Nelly years. I actually like the team a lot, despite Boston having struggled with them (especially on the road) for some of those years.

Tonight there are four series that are playing game six. This could get quite interesting. I don't expect Boston to win their series against New York, but I do expect them to force a game seven. If Garnett (16 points and 18 rebounds) continues to play as intensely as he did in game five, and Green and Terry continue to give the Knickerbockers fits, we just might see a game seven this Sunday.

Note to Kenyon Martin and (now) Joakim Noah: Keep your mouths shut and just play the game. ;)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I really want San Antonio to meet Miami in the finals, because I believe that the Spurs would give the Heat a very good series. I would pick the Spurs to win the series, in fact. But first things first. The Pacers are not going to be a pushover in the next series. And it's only one game, but the Spurs thoroughly dominated the Grizzlies today (105-83).

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
My Conference Finals picks:

San Antonio over Memphis
Indiana over Miami

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Lance will be the X-factor...or the missing in action, for the Pacers.

If Dwayne really is hurt like it is to be believed, they won't have an answer for Lance. But like last year. They couldn't take advantage of the missing Bosh. But Hibbert is better this year...and Lance...

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Schan,

Are you a Pacers fan? If so, great. I'm a Celtics fan, and I would LOVE to have Hibbert on our team. Any chance you could make that happen? ;)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Even though the Pacers - Heat series is far from over, I thought I'd post my pick to win it all. I've got San Antonio to win it all regardless of whom they play in the NBA Finals.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Some of you older guys remember where you were when Kennedy was shot. I will remember where I was when Lebron James fouled out on a questionable call in the final minute of a 4-point playoff game.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Aaron Silverman said:
Some of you older guys remember where you were when Kennedy was shot. I will remember where I was when Lebron James fouled out on a questionable call in the final minute of a 4-point playoff game.
Aaron,And he fouled out the day after he said that there was "... a strategic advantage to flopping" in the NBA. But that was just a coincidence. ;)

Nathan_F

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan
Um, he fouled out.. because he committed a foul. He stuck his leg out and tripped someone on a screen. Despite the horrid officiating on both sides, this was probably the one thing that was called consistently: Lance Stephenson was called for a nearly identical play earlier in the game.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
No doubt it was a foul by the letter of the law, but when it comes to Lebron, he usually has to go above and beyond to get a whistle. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryH12
Recent bookmarks