What's new

NFL 2012 Season Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Ockeghem said:
I'll be watching an episode of The Brady Bunch tonight, since my children love the show and since Jones was in one episode. Incidentally, Jones references Rosie Grier in that season-two episode (The Drummer Boy).

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/05/sports/football/deacon-jones-fearsome-nfl-defensive-end-dies-at-74.html?_r=0
Probably one of the few episodes of the "The Brady Bunch" that I remember.

I also remember him in an episode of "Wonder Woman", where he and a bunch of other NFL players started to fight with each other.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Not sure what the Pats are going to do with a QB who cannot hit the broad side of a barn with a pass. Anyway, he will be 3rd string, at best, behind Brady and Mallett. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut before the start of the season.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Scott,

That must have been one huge barn in overtime against the Steelers in the playoffs two years ago!

;)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Ockeghem said:
Scott,

That must have been one huge barn in overtime against the Steelers in the playoffs two years ago!

;)
Even a sub 50% passer makes some throws LOL

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
RobertR said:
Even a sub 50% passer makes some throws LOL
That sums it up.

For the record, here are the lowest completion percentages in a season since the advent of the 16-game schedule in 1978 (minimum 250 passing attempts):

1 Rusty Hilger 1988 0.4122 Doug Williams 1979 0.4183 Jay Schroeder 1988 0.4414 Akili Smith 2000 0.4425 Vince Evans 1981 0.4476 Heath Shuler 1994 0.4537 Steve Deberg 1978 0.4548 Tim Tebow 2011 0.4639 Mark Malone 1987 0.46410 Craig Whelihan 1998 0.466

Tebow had the lowest completion percentage since 2000 in a league that is now a pass happy / passing friendly league.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
schan1269 said:
Are the Jets actually keeping the King of the butt-fumble?
If you mean Sanchez, I think the salary cap hit to release him this year is pretty severe. He will probably remain on the roster for that reason alone. There is no way any team is going to trade for him with that contract.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I do not know who here has been following the Aaron Hernandez story, but the crap really hit the fan today. Not only was he arrested (charges have not been made public yet), but the Patriots then released him! The latter development would lead me to believe that the charges are more than just obstruction of justice.

From a football standpoint, there must be some salary cap implications for New England on this, as I think Hernandez signed a contract extension not too long ago.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
I think Tebow needs a new vocation, Prison Ministery.
Only Tebow can save Hernandz now.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
ponset said:
I think Tebow needs a new vocation, Prison Ministery.
Only Tebow can save Hernandz now.
Maybe Tebow is the reason for Hernandez's downfall. After all, he didn't get arrested until after Tebow signed with the Pats. Coincidence or not? :rolleyes:

Seriously, the story continues to grow more amazing as details come out. Now he is suspected of killing two people last July, and supposedly killed Ortiz because he was blabbing to some others about it at a night club. If these accusations prove to be true, Hernandez will go down in history as one of the worst criminals in American sports history... along with being one of the dumbest. The trail of evidence he left behind in this most recent killing is so blatant that even Inspector Clouseau could follow it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks