What's new

Guesses for 2013 TV Releases? (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Dear Guys:
I know it's six weeks early, but since I needed a bit of a diversion today, I thought I might write up my best guesses for tv releases for 2013. However, I must state I have NO insider informaton from any company or anyone. I'm just taking some guesses from what I'm heard and seen on various websites.
My guesses:
The Adam West Batman Show
the rest of Superboy
Gemini Man
Salvage 1
How Things Were Rotten
The Magician
Werewolf
Bearcats
I''m going to take some long shots here, and guess CBS Paramount will release High Chapparal and Twelve O'Clock High. They need to get into some other programs since other shows have finished their DVD run.
(from Warner Brothers Archives)
Dr. Kildeer
Enos
77 Sunset Strip
Apple's Way
Wizards and Warriors
Nichols
Just the Ten of Us
I think 2013 will continue the trend of shorter-lived and one season programs as more MOD programs show up. I do think more shorter season shows will end up in retail, this did happen in 2012 a bit.
Sincerely,
James
Ok. what are your guesses?

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
We will see all "in progress" shows from Warner Archive continued. "Tarzan" will be completed and I hope we can get as many as three more seasons of "The FBI" released.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
From Facebook posts,I believe we will see at least one more Warner TV Western from the archive next year from the following list:
Lawman, Sugarfoot, Bronco, Colt .45, The Dakotas.
I also believe Maverick will be continued through the Archive just as Eight is enough now is.

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
I'm hoping CBS/P will start releasing some more of their stalled programs in 2013, like they did with The Streets of San Francisco.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
For 2013 I'm hoping Warner will also complete Harry O. Expecting Shout! to finish Simon and Simon. And I'm hoping CBS will also release the last season of Father Dowling. I, too would love to see CBS jump start some of their stalled shows as well: Barnaby Jones, Diagnosis Murder, Jake and the Fatman. Maybe some of those, like Cannon, would fit in their MOD program.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
This is not a guess but a forlorn wish (for the fourth year in a row), PLEASE let's see the final season of "Burke's Law"!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Along the same lines, my biggest wishes (not predictions) would include Dr. Kildare S1 from Warners, more Rawhide, HGWT, Barnaby Jones and Father Dowling Mysteries (among others) from CBS, Big Valley from Fox (good luck on that one, Gary), and season sets for Ozzie & Harriet. Those are probably the biggest wishes I have for 2013, but I'm not counting on more than a couple of them actually getting releases.

Gary "uncut, no music subtitutions, Wonder Years would be sweet - but the chances of that are beyond slim" O.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
JamesSmith said:
I'm adding a few more:
Search/Probe (the series)
Run Joe, Run
The Kids from CAPER
James
Toss in Westwind plus my "Grail" Series Hot Wheels and Skyhawks and I'll die a happy man. :D

I think more blu-rays will be released. Probably I Love Lucy, The Brady Bunch, and The Andy Griffith Show...but we'll see.

PatrickGoodluck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
There are many I have on my wish list of shows I'd love to be released...but as far as guessing, my guess would be as good as anyone's that are not involved directly or indirectly with these releases. It's such an unpredictable industry. Having said that, I'll have a bash anyway...
Perhaps Warner Bros. will finally release such classics as 77 Sunset Strip, Hawaiian Eye, Bourbon Street Beat, Surfside Six and Dr. Kildare. More likely releases might be Medical Center: Season Two, more Harry O and maybe Search since they released the pilot movie "Probe" already.
Maybe more of The F.B.I. if they drop their prices a bit.
Shout!: Marcus Welby: Season Three. I would love to say Room 222 (seasons 3-5) but Shout! have made it clear that they will never release it.
CBS: Mod Squad: Season Three
Okay, since I can't help myself, here are a couple on the top of my wish list:
The Men: (1972/73 ABC triad wheel series) comprising of: Assignment: Vienna, The Delphi Bureau and Jigsaw.
The Eleventh Hour: (1962-64 NBC series)

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I would guess:
Dr. Kildare
77 Sunset Strip
The Dakotas
Ben Casey
The Defenders
I know most, if not all, are long shots but call it intuition, for lack of a better reason.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Other additions:
Hec Ramsey (if the Snoop Sisters came out, Hec Ramsey has to be on somebody's list)
The Farmer's Daughter (I don't believe it's owned by Fox)
James

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Hec Ramsey was on a definite list of plans for Timeless a few years ago. Someone here suggested that the working prints were lost in the Universal fire, leaving only the 35mm originals, the transfer of which would be more expensive than Timeless could afford. I don't know that part for sure, but Timeless did give up on it for some reason.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
FanCollector said:
Hec Ramsey was on a definite list of plans for Timeless a few years ago. Someone here suggested that the working prints were lost in the Universal fire, leaving only the 35mm originals, the transfer of which would be more expensive than Timeless could afford. I don't know that part for sure, but Timeless did give up on it for some reason.
I'm hoping that Universal's new classic TV network gives them a reason to dig old stuff out of the vault, transfer it to digital, and air it on their network AND release it on DVD.
For you, that would mean Hec Ramsay on DVD.
For me, that would mean B&W Dragnet.
Sure, it's a pipe dream... but maybe it could happen.
Anyway, 2013 releases? I'd almost say the last two seasons of Night Court are a lock to be released, with as quickly as they got 6 and 7 out. Law and Order: Criminal Intent is another one that has had releases come fast and furious, and only has S10 left to wrap up the series.
Those are my safe guesses. My out on a limb guesses are Green Acres either resuming or getting a full series release, In The Heat of the Night getting season sets like Sea Hunt and Bat Masterson, and maybe stuff like The Jeffersons, Archie Bunker's Place, and Maude gets un-stalled. Oh, and CBS/P continues un-stalling shows through Amazon MOD, and Early Edition gets finished, though with edited theme music.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Switch. I forgot about Switch with Eddie Albert and Robert Wagner.
I think that will come out in 2013.
James

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
My completely uninformed guesses, which will likely prove to be mostly wrong:
CBS/Paramount:
RAWHIDE: SEASON 6 (and perhaps SEASON 7 + the half-season SEASON 8 by the end of the year, if they still fast-track their ongoing releases)
HAVE GUN, WILL TRAVEL: SEASON 6
ONE STEP BEYOND: SEASON 2 (perhaps as a MOD set, or licensed out to Shout Factory/Timeless)
Fox:
THE BOB NEWHART SHOW: SEASON 5 (I doubt we'll get anything vintage from Fox, but if we do, I'd think it'd be this)
Shout Factory!:
MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000 XXVI, XXVII
ULTRA Q
DARKROOM
T.H.E. CAT
EAST SIDE/WEST SIDE
JOHNNY SOKKO AND HIS FLYING ROBOT (either from Shout or TGG Direct)
Timeless:
STONEY BURKE
SCIENCE FICTION THEATRE
DECOY (official release, licensed from Camelot, ala PETER GUN, MR. LUCKY, YANCY DERRINGER, etc)
SHOTGUN SLADE (licensed from Universal, acceptible but not pristine, along the lines of 87TH PRECINCT)
TGG Direct:
KLONDIKE / ACAPULCO
WORLD OF GIANTS
Universal:
ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS: SEASON 7 (though maybe in early 2014, instead)
Warner:
BATMAN ('66), both DVD and Blu
Warner Archive:
NIGHT COURT: SEASONS 8 & 9
HARRY O: SEASON 2
THE FBI: SEASONS 4 & 5
TARZAN: SEASON 2
MAVERICK: SEASON 2
A split-season set of either THE THIN MAN: SEASON 1 or MR. NOVAK: SEASON 1 or DR. KILDARE: SEASON 1 (but only one of these three)
THE NEW ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Peter M Fitzgerald said:
My completely uninformed guesses, which will likely prove to be mostly wrong:
Fox:
THE BOB NEWHART SHOW: SEASON 5 (I doubt we'll get anything vintage from Fox, but if we do, I'd think it'd be this)
Shout Factory!:
MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000 XXVI, XXVII
There have been rumors this year of Bob Newhart 5 and 6 coming... maybe 2013 will be it.
As for MST3K... Shout usually delivers three volumes per year, so not only will we most likely see 26 and 27, but probably 28 just in time for Christmas. They've been pretty good at getting a release out in March or April, July, and November/December each year the last couple years. And there are still enough episodes left that are easy to license, plus vol. 25 looks like the volume where the dams burst on formerly unobtainable episodes, since they have an episode with a Universal film, and an episode with an MGM film. If that means the Uni and MGM licenses are obtainable, that puts a lot more episodes into play than there were before... like the majority of season 8.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
This may be wishful thinking on my part.
It would be great if Universal did a bluray version of the original 1978-1979 Battlestar Galactica tv series, by cleaning up and scanning the original film reels at 4k resolution and redoing the special effects in a manner similar to the bluray treatment for Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
This isn't my personal want list (well, a few are), but I think the following will come out in 2013:
Warner Archive
ALICE - Seasons 3, 4 and possibly 5
FLO - Complete Series (released after S4 of ALICE)
CHICO & THE MAN - Season 1
FALCON CREST - Season 3
EIGHT IS ENOUGH - Season 3
NIGHT COURT - Seasons 8 and 9
HARRY O - Season 2
COURTSHIP OF EDDIE'S FATHER - Season 3
PLEASE DON'T EAT THE DAISIES - Season 1
Shout!
HAZEL - Season 5
FLYING NUN - Season 3 **
DIFF'RENT STROKES - Season 5
TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT - S3 **
Sony/Amazon Exclusive
BENSON - Season 3
**small chance given their recent track record of finishing one-offs like HERE COME THE BRIDES, HARDY BOYS (and both are Sony properties).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks