What's new

no hdmi sigal to TV from amp (1 Viewer)

editman

Agent
Real Name
Ken
I am trying to set up MACC from my Pioneer XSX527 amp.The advice from the manual tells me to press home menu on the remote control and then it wil show on the TV.The amp and TV are connected via an hdmi cable from amp out to the ARC hdmi 2 on my new Samsung TV.The TV is teling me there is no signal to hdmi 2.The TV is set up and gets TV stations.I have reconnected the cable at both ends.Is there something I should be doing to the amp first or am I missing something somewhere.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
What "source" do you have connected to the AVR?
It "could be" that the AVR won't send anything to the TV if it isn't receiving anything.

editman

Agent
Real Name
Ken
That sounds logical, I will insert the disc that came with the receiver into the blue ray player and see what happens.

editman

Agent
Real Name
Ken
The supplied CD is only a PDF file.
Re MCACC, the manual says-
Switch on TV and receiver
“ tv to the input that connects the receiver
Connect mcacc mike
Press receiver on remote(if I do this when it is on it turns off as it is already on) then press Home Menu button on remote
Home menu appears on TV
But I get a message saying there is no signal.
Don’t know if this proves anything but the TV shows video and audio from a VCR that is connected to the TV via a scart cable and I can increase the volume going into the front speakers when the vcr is playing.
This problem prevents set up of my blue ray player and PVR as nothing shows on the TV

editman

Agent
Real Name
Ken
Sources are- Blue Ray Player to BD HDMI on Receiver, Humax PVR to video HDMI on receiver, CD recorder digital out to Coaxial in assignable on receiver, tape cassette deck analog to receiver and VCR to TV via scart.
HDMI out on receiver to TV HDMI 2 (ARC) on TV. Optical out to optical in on receiver.
I connected the blue ray player via HDMI directly to the TV HDMI 3and not thru the receiver and the TV played vision +audio, with the receiver set to TV I got adjustable sound thru the 2 front wall speakers.
(The TV and receiver are new )
With the receiver set to video(where Humax is connected to via HDMI) I was able to set up the Humax via its wizard including channel searches.
I have followed the the manual and the advice given above but when I se;ected HDMI 2 on the TV it still tells me that there is no signal.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
If your sources(the Humax and BD player) connected to the AVR...
And there being only one connection to the TV...
Why are you changing the input on the TV?

editman

Agent
Real Name
Ken
issues resolved:-
The VSX527 does not support an on TV screen display thru HDMI for the MCACC menu, this is not mentioned in the manual.My TV has component and AV video(scart) video input.To see the menu I had to connect a video RCA to scart cable from monitor out on the 527 to the scart socket on the TV.On the 527 remote control there are two receiver buttons, the coloured one being more obvious-this turns the 527 on and off as you would expect.It is the button that is the same color as the rest and less obvious,that is used to access the home menu-this is not mentioned in the manual either.
HDMI 2 on the TV was selected(as opposed to TV, AV component etc) as it is this that receives the signal from the 527.In my ignorance I thought that it would show something anyway, but of course a source has to be active so now when BD is selected on the 527 it shows on the TV.
Thank you for all the replies and I hope the above info will help others

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks