Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

A tall order, I know...but I'd appreciate suggestions!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,516 posts

Posted August 24 2012 - 02:50 PM

This coming January I plan to replaced my 46" Sony monitor with a 55-60" 3-D set. I am still investigating the pros and cons of active vs. passive systems. Beyond that issue, I still lean toward LCD and I am wondering if I might have a little help in determining what I might find for under $2,000 that will offer me: 1. Good black levels (my Sony does not have them). 2. "Full-pixel" setting to assure I am not losing information by way of overscan. 3. Decent 3-D with an absolute minimum of ghosting, plus excellent reproduction of 2-D Blu-rays and DVD's. I am hoping to catch a deal on a 2012 unit as the next year's new models roll out. Online prices are usually better than those of Best Buy, but shipping charges are exhorbitant. Any suggestions from those of you owning 2012 machines? Many thanks.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen

Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.

• 6,367 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted August 26 2012 - 07:25 AM

the major draw back of any LCD / LED panel is viewing angles. Do you have a some what controlled lighting environment ? If so, I strongly encourage a plasma display. Panasonic, Samsung and LG make some great panels. Fun stuff! Gregg

The Sonodome - circa 2001
The Newest Sonotube - circa 2001
Gregg's DVDs updated...sometimes
Lion Audio Video Consultants usually current

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   ScottMurphy

ScottMurphy

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted August 27 2012 - 04:32 AM

I came to know that Sony is going to launch new LED displays with touch sense technology and auto-environment adjustable features.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users