What's new

A tall order, I know...but I'd appreciate suggestions! (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
This coming January I plan to replaced my 46" Sony monitor with a 55-60" 3-D set. I am still investigating the pros and cons of active vs. passive systems.
Beyond that issue, I still lean toward LCD and I am wondering if I might have a little help in determining what I might find for under $2,000 that will offer me:
1. Good black levels (my Sony does not have them).
2. "Full-pixel" setting to assure I am not losing information by way of overscan.
3. Decent 3-D with an absolute minimum of ghosting, plus excellent reproduction of 2-D Blu-rays and DVD's.
I am hoping to catch a deal on a 2012 unit as the next year's new models roll out. Online prices are usually better than those of Best Buy, but shipping charges are exhorbitant.
Any suggestions from those of you owning 2012 machines?
Many thanks.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
the major draw back of any LCD / LED panel is viewing angles. Do you have a some what controlled lighting environment ? If so, I strongly encourage a plasma display. Panasonic, Samsung and LG make some great panels.
Fun stuff!
Gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks