A tall order, I know...but I'd appreciate suggestions!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Dick, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    This coming January I plan to replaced my 46" Sony monitor with a 55-60" 3-D set. I am still investigating the pros and cons of active vs. passive systems.
    Beyond that issue, I still lean toward LCD and I am wondering if I might have a little help in determining what I might find for under $2,000 that will offer me:
    1. Good black levels (my Sony does not have them).
    2. "Full-pixel" setting to assure I am not losing information by way of overscan.
    3. Decent 3-D with an absolute minimum of ghosting, plus excellent reproduction of 2-D Blu-rays and DVD's.
    I am hoping to catch a deal on a 2012 unit as the next year's new models roll out. Online prices are usually better than those of Best Buy, but shipping charges are exhorbitant.
    Any suggestions from those of you owning 2012 machines?
    Many thanks.

2. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    the major draw back of any LCD / LED panel is viewing angles. Do you have a some what controlled lighting environment ? If so, I strongly encourage a plasma display. Panasonic, Samsung and LG make some great panels.
    Fun stuff!
    Gregg

3. ScottMurphy

ScottMurphy Auditioning

I came to know that Sony is going to launch new LED displays with touch sense technology and auto-environment adjustable features.