-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

A question for Mr. Belston or Mr Finn

Fox

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
311 replies to this topic

#21 of 312 Frank Ha

Frank Ha

Second Unit

• 348 posts
  • LocationLand of mole, tlayudas and chapulines

Posted August 18 2012 - 02:19 AM

Really looking forward to Laura. Maybe we can hope to see more film noir if Laura sales well.
"And in the end, the only thing you really own is... your story.  Just trying to live a good one" - The Drover 

#22 of 312 GMpasqua

GMpasqua

Screenwriter

• 1,423 posts

Posted August 18 2012 - 03:32 AM

I hope FOX will be using the recent 70MM print elements for "Hello Dolly" which looked spectacular on the big screen at the Egyptian Theater in LA

THere was talk of a documentary made for the DVD release which never saw the light of day. Any chance that will be included?

Are we still getting the Rodgers and Hammerstein collection announced early this year for the UK but which now seems to have fallen off the schedule?

#23 of 312 John Doe

John Doe

Stunt Coordinator

• 144 posts

Posted August 18 2012 - 04:05 AM

Yes!More noir,please! And,how about The Abyss and True Lies??

#24 of 312 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,322 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted August 18 2012 - 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by OliverK 

Robert,
I did indeed gather that you meant the opposite, sorry about that.
One of the times I guess where it is better to have English as ones first langauge.
I think the whole 8k for Blu-ray craze started with Baraka that was heavily advertised as being derived from the first ever 8k scan.
Oliver

No problem as I probably should have stated my comment more clearly to avoid any misunderstanding.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#25 of 312 Kurosawa

Kurosawa

Agent

• 39 posts

Posted August 18 2012 - 09:10 AM

Yes!More noir,please! And,how about The Abyss and True Lies??

James Cameron is on record as saying The Abyss is definitely coming, but probably not until 2014.

#26 of 312 Escapay

Escapay

Stunt Coordinator

• 238 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Time and Space

Posted August 18 2012 - 09:44 AM

Looking forward to Laura! Minor question, but will it contain all its DVD extras, along with the 12-minute "Laura: The Obsession" featurette that was on the R2 DVD?

#27 of 312 Finn

Finn

Stunt Coordinator

• 128 posts

Posted August 18 2012 - 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by ahollis 

Thanks for the wonderful news and I haven't seen you around the forum lately so a sincere welcome back.  Looking forward to other bits of information you can let loose and also thanks for those 40's and 30's titles being released on your MOD program.

Thank you. I try to stop in when I can.

@FinnAtFox

#28 of 312 Finn

Finn

Stunt Coordinator

• 128 posts

Posted August 18 2012 - 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by John Doe 

Yes!More noir,please!
And,how about The Abyss and True Lies??

can't announce date yet but on deck, yes.

@FinnAtFox

#29 of 312 Finn

Finn

Stunt Coordinator

• 128 posts

Posted August 18 2012 - 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Crawford 

I can't wait as I think it's one of the best films ever made.

Crawdaddy

yes, we have one of the original posters framed in our lobby.

@FinnAtFox

#30 of 312 Finn

Finn

Stunt Coordinator

• 128 posts

Posted August 18 2012 - 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by John Doe 

Fantastic news Mr.Finn!Laura is such a great movie.A true classic.Hopefully Fox will get around to release other aformentioned titles as well.I'm eager to see a Blu-ray of under-appreciated The King of Comedy.(so many talents involved!).30th Anniversary edition would be teriffic.And I've heard that Thelma Schoonmaker confirmes she's working on a Blu-ray release of it,few months ago (don't quote me on this).
However,thx again for sharing great news about Laura with us!

I'm a huge fan of KING OF COMEDY as well. I'll keep you all informed on that front.

@FinnAtFox

#31 of 312 Oliver Siegel

Oliver Siegel

Stunt Coordinator

• 57 posts

Posted August 18 2012 - 11:26 AM

Well,let's try my luck...Mr.Finn,any news on these titles:Hot Shots 1&2,Ravenous (1999),and Hill's The Driver?Thx in advance.Btw,looking forward to Laura and The Agony and the Ecstasy.

#32 of 312 Steve...O

Steve...O

Producer

• 3,227 posts

Posted August 18 2012 - 12:03 PM

A sincere thanks to Mr. Finn for the updates.  I agree that Laura is one of the best films in their library and I look forward to seeing it, and any other 30s/40s  classics, on Blu.

Question for Mr.  Finn....there are indications that the merchandising agreement for the 1966 Batman may lead to the long awaited home video release.  Any comments you can make whether those have any validity and, if so, will a BD release be forthcoming?

Please help UCLA restore the Laurel & Hardy films: https://www.cinema.u...aurel-and-hardy

#33 of 312 Finn

Finn

Stunt Coordinator

• 128 posts

Posted August 18 2012 - 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Steve...O 

there are indications that the merchandising agreement for the 1966 Batman may lead to the long awaited home video release.  Any comments you can make whether those have any validity and, if so, will a BD release be forthcoming?

Unfortunately press coverage was a bit misleading on that one. There is no correlation with the recent announcement and the show's home video release. I repeat..unfortunately.

@FinnAtFox

#34 of 312 Finn

Finn

Stunt Coordinator

• 128 posts

Posted August 18 2012 - 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Oliver Siegel 

Well,let's try my luck...Mr.Finn,any news on these titles:Hot Shots 1&2,Ravenous (1999),and Hill's The Driver?Thx in advance.Btw,looking forward to Laura and The Agony and the Ecstasy.

Thanks Oliver. Not at the moment..

@FinnAtFox

#35 of 312 John Doe

John Doe

Stunt Coordinator

• 144 posts

Posted August 18 2012 - 01:12 PM

[quote name="Finn" url="/t/323073/a-question-for-mr-belston-or-mr-finn#post_3963947"] can't announce date yet but on deck, yes. [/quote] Thx!Great news!:)One of my most wanted upgrades :) [/quote][quote name="Finn" url="/t/323073/a-question-for-mr-belston-or-mr-finn#post_3963950"] . I'm a huge fan of KING OF COMEDY as well. I'll keep you all informed on that front. [/quote] Please do! :cool: Any sufficient info about its eventual BD release would be most welcome!:tu:

#36 of 312 Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,035 posts

Posted August 18 2012 - 03:56 PM

Hello, Mr. Finn. I've been a member here for six years but do not believe I ever had the chance to communicate with you in a HTF thread. Thanks for adding to the already impressive roster of industy folk who are willing to field our questions and provide us with answers where possible. And, of course, I have several, but I'll hold it to one for the moment: I am assuming you have a connection to Fox Entertainment, which now distributes MGM product. Has MGM indicated any desire to release any of the classic AIP Corman/Poe series on Blu-ray through Fox? Many thanks in advance for any tips or clues about that.

#37 of 312 Joe Caps

Joe Caps

Screenwriter

• 1,931 posts

Posted August 18 2012 - 04:35 PM

I would lovew LVE IS A MANY SPLENDORED THING with a good sounding stereo track. The one Fox always uses for Vid is a dupe that has been badly noise gated. Just listen to anyof the dvds and then jump to the French language track, which is the original, not noise gated. the difference is night and day. Luckily, Fox kept the original, untampered tracks. Theorigianls are on brown mags and the bad dupes are on grey colored mags. How do I know all this. A freind of mine was once in charge of vid mastering for laserdiscs for Fox.

#38 of 312 JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,511 posts

Posted August 18 2012 - 05:56 PM

Has MGM indicated any desire to release any of the classic AIP Corman/Poe series on Blu-ray through Sony? Many thanks in advance for any tips or clues about that.

Along the same lines, is a blu-ray of The Fly in the works from Fox?

#39 of 312 Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,143 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted August 18 2012 - 07:04 PM

Hello, Mr. Finn. I've been a member here for six years but do not believe I ever had the chance to communicate with you in a HTF thread. Thanks for adding to the already impressive roster of industy folk who are willing to field our questions and provide us with answers where possible. And, of course, I have several, but I'll hold it to one for the moment: I am assuming you have a connection to Sony Entertainment, which now distributes MGM product. Has MGM indicated any desire to release any of the classic AIP Corman/Poe series on Blu-ray through Sony? Many thanks in advance for any tips or clues about that.

Did you mean Fox, Dick?
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#40 of 312 t1g3r5fan

t1g3r5fan

Stunt Coordinator

• 119 posts

Posted August 18 2012 - 07:41 PM

Are any of these titles due for a blu-ray release in the near future from Fox: WILSON THE FURY PHANTOM OF THE PARADISE SILVER STREAK LIFEBOAT FANTASTIC VOYAGE VON RYAN'S EXPRESS HOW GREEN WAS MY VALLEY Looking forward to the blu-ray releases of both LAURA and AGONY.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users