Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Noob help with home theatre setup

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Andysk

Andysk

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted May 22 2012 - 06:11 PM

Hi All I am looking for some help in doing up a new (or used) home theatre set up and getting better components. I currently have an onkyo tx-sr605 receiver that does all the work for my 7.1 set up . I am wanting to look at starting to put together something a little better but using individual components. Can someone tell me what components I need to look for to put something together. I want to also run a phono record player as well and my Onkyo doesn't have any phono pre outs. Current Setup: Definitive BP 7004 Definitive CLR 2300 Center BMPX Bipolar Surround x 2 pairs Onkyo TX-SR605 Pioneer BDP-120 Blue ray player PS3

#2 of 2 Mr645

Mr645

Stunt Coordinator

• 209 posts
  • LocationBoca Raton, Florida

Posted May 23 2012 - 12:02 AM

Other then photo inputs which can be solved with this http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B001KALK4Y What are you looking to improve? Marantz makes a great processor and there are a lot of choices for amps out there. Speakers have the greatest effect on sound quality. I am not very familiar with Def Tech products, but perhaps moving up the line would help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users