Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

How to connect a wii console to a vizio tv that has no composite input?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   MarkSchro

MarkSchro

Stunt Coordinator

• 60 posts

Posted May 11 2012 - 07:59 AM

My 65" rear projection just died and I picked up a refurbished Vizio 65" 3d LED ($1,435) and I was connecting everything via hdmi because before I had to use component cables. But the wii is only a composite video and the Vizio has no composite input only component and hdmi. How does everyone with a Vizio connect a wii?? I have a denon avr 3312 CI and it does all the video switching. I haven't tried plugging in the composite video into the Denon and hope it outputs via component but I thought I read it does not do that. Did anyone else come across this problem? On a second note I found a net retailer that sells refurbished Vizios in Whitter ,CA that gives a 1 year warranty and the 65" 3d led is only 120htz but for $1,600 out the door I feel it was a great deal, I was watching Avitar on FXHD last night and what an amazing picture compared next to my old 65" that died and my 55" plasma samsung.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson

Screenwriter

• 2,305 posts

Posted May 11 2012 - 08:18 AM

I haven't tried plugging in the composite video into the Denon and hope it outputs via component but I thought I read it does not do that.
I would be shocked if the Denon did not handle the composite input. I run my composite and component games through my receiver.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,817 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted May 11 2012 - 08:30 AM

When my parents got a 32" LCD, I thought there was no composite input, but on closer inspection saw the video shared the jack with the green component jack. Kind of a clever space saving method, but not the most obvious.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   MarkSchro

MarkSchro

Stunt Coordinator

• 60 posts

Posted May 11 2012 - 08:38 AM

Thanks, but I feel dumb not trying my Denon I just went through my pdf manual and saw it converts the video. Now I have to climb behind the 65" and hook it up.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   ShowMeCables

ShowMeCables

Agent

• 30 posts

Posted May 11 2012 - 11:42 AM

I have seen component cables for Wii on the internet. I don't imagine it will be hi def, but, it will plug into your component port of your HD TV

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen

Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.

• 6,364 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted May 16 2012 - 04:47 AM

My wii came with component cables (not composite). It will output 480p, but nothing higher.

The Sonodome - circa 2001
The Newest Sonotube - circa 2001
Gregg's DVDs updated...sometimes
Lion Audio Video Consultants usually current

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users