What's new

How to connect a wii console to a vizio tv that has no composite input? (1 Viewer)

MarkSchro

Stunt Coordinator
My 65" rear projection just died and I picked up a refurbished Vizio 65" 3d LED ($1,435) and I was connecting everything via hdmi because before I had to use component cables. But the wii is only a composite video and the Vizio has no composite input only component and hdmi. How does everyone with a Vizio connect a wii?? I have a denon avr 3312 CI and it does all the video switching. I haven't tried plugging in the composite video into the Denon and hope it outputs via component but I thought I read it does not do that. Did anyone else come across this problem? On a second note I found a net retailer that sells refurbished Vizios in Whitter ,CA that gives a 1 year warranty and the 65" 3d led is only 120htz but for $1,600 out the door I feel it was a great deal, I was watching Avitar on FXHD last night and what an amazing picture compared next to my old 65" that died and my 55" plasma samsung.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I haven't tried plugging in the composite video into the Denon and hope it outputs via component but I thought I read it does not do that.
I would be shocked if the Denon did not handle the composite input. I run my composite and component games through my receiver.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
When my parents got a 32" LCD, I thought there was no composite input, but on closer inspection saw the video shared the jack with the green component jack. Kind of a clever space saving method, but not the most obvious.

MarkSchro

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, but I feel dumb not trying my Denon I just went through my pdf manual and saw it converts the video. Now I have to climb behind the 65" and hook it up.

ShowMeCables

Agent
Real Name
Paul
I have seen component cables for Wii on the internet. I don't imagine it will be hi def, but, it will plug into your component port of your HD TV

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
My wii came with component cables (not composite). It will output 480p, but nothing higher.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks