How to connect a wii console to a vizio tv that has no composite input?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by MarkSchro, May 11, 2012.

1. MarkSchro

MarkSchro Stunt Coordinator

My 65" rear projection just died and I picked up a refurbished Vizio 65" 3d LED ($1,435) and I was connecting everything via hdmi because before I had to use component cables. But the wii is only a composite video and the Vizio has no composite input only component and hdmi. How does everyone with a Vizio connect a wii?? I have a denon avr 3312 CI and it does all the video switching. I haven't tried plugging in the composite video into the Denon and hope it outputs via component but I thought I read it does not do that. Did anyone else come across this problem? On a second note I found a net retailer that sells refurbished Vizios in Whitter ,CA that gives a 1 year warranty and the 65" 3d led is only 120htz but for $1,600 out the door I feel it was a great deal, I was watching Avitar on FXHD last night and what an amazing picture compared next to my old 65" that died and my 55" plasma samsung.

2. Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson Cinematographer

Al
    I would be shocked if the Denon did not handle the composite input. I run my composite and component games through my receiver.

3. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    When my parents got a 32" LCD, I thought there was no composite input, but on closer inspection saw the video shared the jack with the green component jack. Kind of a clever space saving method, but not the most obvious.

4. MarkSchro

MarkSchro Stunt Coordinator

Thanks, but I feel dumb not trying my Denon I just went through my pdf manual and saw it converts the video. Now I have to climb behind the 65" and hook it up.

5. ShowMeCables

ShowMeCables Agent

I have seen component cables for Wii on the internet. I don't imagine it will be hi def, but, it will plug into your component port of your HD TV

6. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    My wii came with component cables (not composite). It will output 480p, but nothing higher.