Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Panasonic BDT220

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Steve^S

Steve^S

Stunt Coordinator

• 58 posts

Posted March 12 2012 - 01:59 AM

If I buy this player will I be able to archive my dvd's (standard and Blu Ray) and stream from the hard drive to tv maintaining both video quality and sound quality (including HD formats)? Thanks Steve

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton

Screenwriter

• 2,985 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted March 12 2012 - 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by Steve^S 

If I buy this player will I be able to archive my dvd's (standard and Blu Ray) and stream from the hard drive to tv maintaining both video quality and sound quality (including HD formats)?
Thanks
Steve

No, this is just a player.  It does none of the things you describe - it does not have an internal hard drive.

Also, just a nit-pick, but DVD and Blu-Ray are different technologies.  DVDs will play in a Blu-Ray player, but despite what you may see listed on shelves in Wal-Mart and Costco, Blu-Rays are NOT "Blu-Ray DVDs".

Are you new to the Home Theater Forum? Stop by the New Member Introductions area and introduce yourself! See you there!

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson

Screenwriter

• 2,216 posts

Posted March 12 2012 - 05:00 AM

If I buy this player will I be able to archive my dvd's (standard and Blu Ray) and stream from the hard drive to tv maintaining both video quality and sound quality (including HD formats)?

I have an affirmative vote, the BDT220 has DLNA support, so you could connect it to a DLNA configured PC or NAS. You'd have to get your video file on the PC or NAS, but then it would work just fine.