What's new

Panasonic BDT220 (1 Viewer)

Steve^S

Stunt Coordinator
If I buy this player will I be able to archive my dvd's (standard and Blu Ray) and stream from the hard drive to tv maintaining both video quality and sound quality (including HD formats)? Thanks Steve

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Originally Posted by Steve^S

If I buy this player will I be able to archive my dvd's (standard and Blu Ray) and stream from the hard drive to tv maintaining both video quality and sound quality (including HD formats)?
Thanks
Steve

No, this is just a player. It does none of the things you describe - it does not have an internal hard drive.

Also, just a nit-pick, but DVD and Blu-Ray are different technologies. DVDs will play in a Blu-Ray player, but despite what you may see listed on shelves in Wal-Mart and Costco, Blu-Rays are NOT "Blu-Ray DVDs".

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
If I buy this player will I be able to archive my dvd's (standard and Blu Ray) and stream from the hard drive to tv maintaining both video quality and sound quality (including HD formats)?
I have an affirmative vote, the BDT220 has DLNA support, so you could connect it to a DLNA configured PC or NAS. You'd have to get your video file on the PC or NAS, but then it would work just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks