What's new
World Wide Stereo

Onkyo TX-SR502: problems with surround sound (1 Viewer)

canuck94

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg Rogers
So I just took another stab at messing with my surround settings. I simply can't get them working right. I'm running with a 5.1 setup. I get proper sounds out of all speakers but all the ambient surround sounds are broadcast equally from all 4 surround speakers. It's like I'm getting quad channel surround mono. - I've got an optical audio cable connected between my EVA media streamer and the amp. - The audio signal on the videos I'm testing is "Dolby Digital, 48KHz, 6ch". - I've tried all 'audio modes' (none of the DTS or Dolby modes appear as I cycle through the modes; they never have). - When I use the 'test tone' function all 5 speakers broadcast correctly. For convenience, here is a link to the pdf manual. Perhaps you can spot something I'm missing. tinyurl.com/7q6g33n Many thanks to anyone who can help, C4

728x90

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
As always, lets start with the simple stuff first. Do you have the speakers connected properly? The Fronts should be connected to SP A and not SP B. Have you calibrated the individual speaker volumes and set all speakers to Small (and the Surr Back to None)? Are you in "Direct" mode? You shouldn't be except for critical Stereo listening. Are your Front speaker set to SP A and not B or A/B? All Channel Strero would give you the effect you are describing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks