Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Epson 8700 UB

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   mmajors

mmajors

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted December 02 2011 - 05:15 PM

i have a new dedicated media room - no windows and walls and ceiling are beige. room is 18' by 14'. Wanting to use the epson 8700UB - any advice on what screen to get. Also, any advice on Definitive Technology versus Martin Logans? Total home thater budget is about $8500. Thanks.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen

Producer

• 6,355 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted December 03 2011 - 04:07 AM

huge number of options. what size of screen do you want ? Will you always be watching with no ambient lighting ? I have always really liked SVSound speakers (if you are on a budget). If you have no budget, then I recommend looking at Atlantic Technology stuff.

The Sonodome - circa 2001
The Newest Sonotube - circa 2001
Gregg's DVDs updated...sometimes
Lion Audio Video Consultants usually current

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   mmajors

mmajors

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted December 03 2011 - 05:49 AM

Most of the time I'll watch movies with no ambient light but I imagine we'll watch sports some with the door open so there could be some ambient light. I'm looking at 100 or 106" screens. Speaker budget is about $3000-$3500.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen

Producer

• 6,355 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted December 04 2011 - 02:24 AM

cool, at that size of screen you will have a nice image brightness (some people seem to think they can do 120 plus inches). Carada, makes some decent stuff that is not unreasonably priced. Get the neutral white, with a bit of gain. Lots of speaker options. for online: Axiom, or SVSound.

The Sonodome - circa 2001
The Newest Sonotube - circa 2001
Gregg's DVDs updated...sometimes
Lion Audio Video Consultants usually current