Epson 8700 UB

Discussion in 'Displays' started by mmajors, Dec 2, 2011.

1. mmajors

mmajors Auditioning

i have a new dedicated media room - no windows and walls and ceiling are beige. room is 18' by 14'. Wanting to use the epson 8700UB - any advice on what screen to get. Also, any advice on Definitive Technology versus Martin Logans? Total home thater budget is about $8500. Thanks.

2. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    huge number of options. what size of screen do you want ? Will you always be watching with no ambient lighting ? I have always really liked SVSound speakers (if you are on a budget). If you have no budget, then I recommend looking at Atlantic Technology stuff.

3. mmajors

mmajors Auditioning

Most of the time I'll watch movies with no ambient light but I imagine we'll watch sports some with the door open so there could be some ambient light. I'm looking at 100 or 106" screens. Speaker budget is about $3000-$3500.

4. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    cool, at that size of screen you will have a nice image brightness (some people seem to think they can do 120 plus inches). Carada, makes some decent stuff that is not unreasonably priced. Get the neutral white, with a bit of gain. Lots of speaker options. for online: Axiom, or SVSound.