Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Can I add wireless speaker to existing receiver/speakers?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   atomarchio

atomarchio

Stunt Coordinator

• 57 posts

Posted November 22 2011 - 09:54 AM

I have a Sony DA-ES3500 receiver connected via HDMI over Cat5 to my TV in another. I have left-right speakers and center channel speaker. Would like to add another speaker via wireless in my setup. Is that possible to add a wireless speaker with this receiver? Or would I need to purchase a different receiver in order to add a wireless speaker? Please advise. Thanks.

#2 of 2 ONLINE   Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton

Screenwriter

• 2,983 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted November 23 2011 - 02:32 AM

Please see this thread for a brief discussion of "wireless" speaker systems.

Any search of this forum will provide a bunch of similar discussions.  Bottom line is, "wireless" speaker systems aren't really wireless, they can be just as difficult to set up as wired surrounds, and they generally don't work all that great.  If you have a "real" A/V receiver (and not a HTiB model), then chances are any "wireless" system CAN be connected to your receiver.

Are you new to the Home Theater Forum? Stop by the New Member Introductions area and introduce yourself! See you there!