What's new

Castle Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Nice to see "Sir" become somewhat more humanized. Noticed she's been in the credits recently, but unless I missed something, seems like she wasn't part of many episodes.
Glad they toned her down and made her somewhat more likeable.
Unless I'm mistaken, didn't Kate let it slip a few months ago that she remembered everything about her shooting? I'd swear I remember Castle already realizing the "I love" you bit had happened.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I believe what happened is Beckett told the police psychiatrist that she remembered everything, I meant to add that to my earlier post.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
That makes more sense. The psychiatrist knew, but not Castle. I knew the dialogue sounded familiar.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Now I'll join those of you saying Castle is acting like a baby. I just don't buy this regression. It's very telling to me that neither Alexis nor Martha were in this episode. I mean, running to other women and letting Beckett know it is plausible but grade school, but racing up to the crime scene and engaging in other behavior that would get him kicked through the Iron Gates so fast his head would swim? Just a very disappointing way they've decided to handle this.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Something appears to be coming to a head. The previews for next week imply further that Lanie thinks Beckett better do something to let Castle know before it's too late.
He was acting pretty much like he did before he meet Beckett, as the dialogue stated last night. I agree, the absence of Alexis and Martha to straighten him out was perhaps some kind of choice so they can use them to re-align Castle later.
Im sure the season finally will place them back in a position of longing for each other yet something like the cop from last night might get in the way again.
I was wondering why Beckett's black dress last night didn't show any scars from the bullet wound. I guess it was lower.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The show's interpretation of major open heart surgery scarring is basically a little mosquito bite sized mark on her chest. It's totally unbelievable.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Nah, they are just forgetting the scar thing I think. What I meant by the absence of his female support system is not so they can pull him back later, but it was just inconvenient to the show to show how disappointing this tantrum would be to them. I, personally, get no pleasure seeing a character reset to day one, square one, episode one. I know he's just acting out, and it is something that might occur in real life, but it's just unsavory to watch. It's like how hard it can be to go back and watch early episodes of DS9, where the relationships haven't solidified and you feel like you've got a long climb to get back to familiar ground.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Greg_S_H said:
Nah, they are just forgetting the scar thing I think.
In the season premiere, they showed the scar. It was basically a little pock mark. Having seen the chests of people who'd undergone similar surgery, it made me roll my eyes even then.
I, personally, get no pleasure seeing a character reset to day one, square one, episode one. I know he's just acting out, and it is something that might occur in real life, but it's just unsavory to watch. It's like how hard it can be to go back and watch early episodes of DS9, where the relationships haven't solidified and you feel like you've got a long climb to get back to familiar ground.
I agree that he "reset", but I don't think he's coming from the same place as he was when the series began. When the series began, it was just the natural course of events for him. Now, it's him grasping for something to make his life make sense. He still wants to help Beckett, Ryan and Esposito solve crimes because he thinks it's important. At the same time, he thinks Beckett's not interested so he's trying to move on. Women like the flight attendant both help distract him from his heartbreak and help him enforce the emotional distance necessary for him to still do this job with the woman who broke his heart. He doesn't trust himself to be around Beckett without a distancing element. That's why he was grateful for the limey's presence, when he'd normally have been incredibly jealous; for his purposes, the ruggedly handsome DI serves him as well as the flight attendant.
I can't imagine this new state of affairs is going to last for long.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Good episode tonight. Nice to see Castle on the mend towards Beckett. Fun to see him with Slaughter. I liked the dialogue at the end that had the duel meaning. Letting a past hurt go if you really want that thing.
The contrast of Slaughter and then Beckett helping Castle at the end was nice to see as they had that magic in resolving the crime.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Nelson Au said:
The contrast of Slaughter and then Beckett helping Castle at the end was nice to see as they had that magic in resolving the crime.
That and seeing Adam and Nathan together. Just wish they'd worked in some Firefly references. That'd been awesome! Strike that; I'm an adult - outstanding!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Great working relationship between Nathan and Adam in the show and totally different dynamic between their two new characters from the one they shared on Firefly. Two excellent actors and a very enjoyable episode.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
KevinGress said:
Just wish they'd worked in some Firefly references.
Not sure if it was intentional, but it was a brown coat that Castle ended up having to give to Slaughter.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm glad they didn't soften Slaughter up by the end. It's funny seeing the contrast between Slaughter and John Casey. Casey was a cranky bad ass, but his emotions were closed off and he didn't like to speak any more than he had to. Slaughter is a bad ass, but he's also a blowhard jackass. Good episode, and I assume we'll see him again somewhere down the line. Also good that Castle and Beckett will probably talk through some things now.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I never saw Firefly! Only Serenity. So I only have a passing familiarity with it. I did like the Firely joke from the Halloween episode.
Is it me, or has Nathan been gaining weight? There was one scene he looked terrible in out in the street with Slaughter in the seedy section of town. Perhaps it was the make-up to make him look hung over. But he hadn't been hung over yet!

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Nathan Fillian has gained a HUGE amount of weight over the last few years.
I'm kind of surprised that he's let himself go so much. Look at him in Firefly. He was lean and fit. Compare that to his appearance now and he almost looks like a different person. No denying that weight comes easier and goes harder with age, but as a successful actor he can afford to work with a trainer and nutritionist.
Maybe he just doesn't care. But if they ever were to revist Firefly with another film the man would have to do some serious training just to look decent again.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Nathan Fillion is stockier now, no question, but he's not exactly a fat slob. To my mind, his body type is very much in keeping with a famous writer's.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I don't think the show wants him to be overweight at all. He just is. He's not just a famous writer, but a famous writer playboy, with all kinds of beautiful women in his past (partly because of charm, partly because he was fit/handsome). He did let himself go somewhat and in certain scenes, you can really see it. At least I can.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
This zombie episode was a decent case. It was better to see the interaction with his daughter and mother. And of course, the healing has begun between Kate and Castle.
With the last episode of the season, I guess they'll throw in some sort of cliff hanger to end the season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks