Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

RE-ANIMATOR COMING TO BLU-RAY!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   SWFF

SWFF

Screenwriter

• 1,876 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted September 14 2011 - 02:53 PM

UNFILMABLE.COM: "According to Scream Queen Barbara Crampton, via twitter, a Re-Animator Blu-ray is about six months out! There are no details currently, but the heads-up came from producer Brian Yuzna..."

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   JonZ

JonZ

Lead Actor

• 7,794 posts

Posted September 17 2011 - 07:11 AM

FINALLY!!!

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   RickER

RickER

Producer

• 5,130 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted September 17 2011 - 07:59 AM

May it be even better than my old 2 disc DVD set!

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   cousineerie

cousineerie

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted September 05 2012 - 03:23 AM

It's a real disappointment. No effort put into it at all. Looks like a DVD to me.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Ignatius

Ignatius

Stunt Coordinator

• 63 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted September 05 2012 - 04:06 AM

Kentai looked at the screen-shots from Rock!Shock!Pop! and reckoned that the Blu-Ray was probably up-scaled from a digibeta. Even if it was from an proper HD master it seems to be the exact same one used for the Elite DVD in 2002.

http://www.kentaiblo...f-animator.html

VincentP (of this parish) has also said elsewhere that Synapse contacted Brian Yuzna about apparently doing a 2K scan from the original negative but he was too far along in negotiations with Image. So a real missed opportunity. Seems like a lot of people (including myself) are waiting to see what comes of the Second Sight release coming from the UK soon. I understand the costs behind creating new masters but using one from 10 years ago just isn't good enough when it comes to Blu-Ray.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Ignatius

Ignatius

Stunt Coordinator

• 63 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted September 05 2012 - 04:06 AM

Kentai looked at the screen-shots from RockShockPop and reckoned that the Blu-Ray was probably up-scaled from a digibeta. Even if it was from an proper HD master it seems to be the exact same one used for the Elite DVD in 2002.

http://www.kentaiblo...f-animator.html

VincentP (of this parish) has also said elsewhere that Synapse contacted Brian Yuzna about apparently doing a 2K scan from the original negative but he was too far along in negotiations with Image. So a real missed opportunity. Seems like a lot of people (including myself) are waiting to see what comes of the Second Sight release coming from the UK soon. I understand the costs behind creating new masters but using one from 10 years ago just isn't good enough when it comes to Blu-Ray.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users