What's new

RE-ANIMATOR COMING TO BLU-RAY! (1 Viewer)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
UNFILMABLE.COM: "According to Scream Queen Barbara Crampton, via twitter, a Re-Animator Blu-ray is about six months out! There are no details currently, but the heads-up came from producer Brian Yuzna..."

cousineerie

Auditioning
Real Name
John Egan
It's a real disappointment. No effort put into it at all. Looks like a DVD to me.

Ignatius

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Hayden Frost
Kentai looked at the screen-shots from Rock!Shock!Pop! and reckoned that the Blu-Ray was probably up-scaled from a digibeta. Even if it was from an proper HD master it seems to be the exact same one used for the Elite DVD in 2002.
http://www.kentaiblog.com/2012/08/image-of-animator.html
VincentP (of this parish) has also said elsewhere that Synapse contacted Brian Yuzna about apparently doing a 2K scan from the original negative but he was too far along in negotiations with Image. So a real missed opportunity. Seems like a lot of people (including myself) are waiting to see what comes of the Second Sight release coming from the UK soon. I understand the costs behind creating new masters but using one from 10 years ago just isn't good enough when it comes to Blu-Ray.

Ignatius

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Hayden Frost
Kentai looked at the screen-shots from RockShockPop and reckoned that the Blu-Ray was probably up-scaled from a digibeta. Even if it was from an proper HD master it seems to be the exact same one used for the Elite DVD in 2002.
http://www.kentaiblog.com/2012/08/image-of-animator.html
VincentP (of this parish) has also said elsewhere that Synapse contacted Brian Yuzna about apparently doing a 2K scan from the original negative but he was too far along in negotiations with Image. So a real missed opportunity. Seems like a lot of people (including myself) are waiting to see what comes of the Second Sight release coming from the UK soon. I understand the costs behind creating new masters but using one from 10 years ago just isn't good enough when it comes to Blu-Ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks