RE-ANIMATOR COMING TO BLU-RAY!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by SWFF, Sep 14, 2011.

1. SWFF

SWFF Screenwriter

Shawn Francis
    UNFILMABLE.COM: "According to Scream Queen Barbara Crampton, via twitter, a Re-Animator Blu-ray is about six months out! There are no details currently, but the heads-up came from producer Brian Yuzna..."

2. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

FINALLY!!!

3. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    May it be even better than my old 2 disc DVD set!

4. cousineerie

cousineerie Auditioning

It's a real disappointment. No effort put into it at all. Looks like a DVD to me.

5. Ignatius

Ignatius Stunt Coordinator

Hayden Frost
    Kentai looked at the screen-shots from Rock!Shock!Pop! and reckoned that the Blu-Ray was probably up-scaled from a digibeta. Even if it was from an proper HD master it seems to be the exact same one used for the Elite DVD in 2002.
    http://www.kentaiblog.com/2012/08/image-of-animator.html
    VincentP (of this parish) has also said elsewhere that Synapse contacted Brian Yuzna about apparently doing a 2K scan from the original negative but he was too far along in negotiations with Image. So a real missed opportunity. Seems like a lot of people (including myself) are waiting to see what comes of the Second Sight release coming from the UK soon. I understand the costs behind creating new masters but using one from 10 years ago just isn't good enough when it comes to Blu-Ray.

6. Ignatius

Ignatius Stunt Coordinator

Hayden Frost
    Kentai looked at the screen-shots from RockShockPop and reckoned that the Blu-Ray was probably up-scaled from a digibeta. Even if it was from an proper HD master it seems to be the exact same one used for the Elite DVD in 2002.
    http://www.kentaiblog.com/2012/08/image-of-animator.html
    VincentP (of this parish) has also said elsewhere that Synapse contacted Brian Yuzna about apparently doing a 2K scan from the original negative but he was too far along in negotiations with Image. So a real missed opportunity. Seems like a lot of people (including myself) are waiting to see what comes of the Second Sight release coming from the UK soon. I understand the costs behind creating new masters but using one from 10 years ago just isn't good enough when it comes to Blu-Ray.