What's new

It Takes A Thief -- complete box-set -- October 11 (1 Viewer)

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Surprised no one has mentioned this yet:
http://www.amazon.com/Takes-Thief-Complete-Robert-Wagner/dp/B005DKS1Z8/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1ZXOHVVYNKCF1&colid=M50HETQUCQN
Pricey.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
borisfw said:
Ouch. I hope the price comes down a little .
I second that!
Maybe someone will have it as a "Loss Leader" on November 25, the "National Day of Insanity" :laugh:

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
borisfw said:
Ouch. I hope the price comes down a little .
Like many here I'm sure, I got mine locked in at the $140 price that was offered just a little bit ago. Still a little steep for me but I don't have too many left I really need, and this is high on my list.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Not exactly a steal at $140, is it?
I've been wanting this program for a long time but it's a No Sale unless and until the price comes down to earth.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I will need to wait until next year when I get my income tax return and see if I can afford it. By then it may have come down in price. I hope so. I have a homemade set that is atrocious.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
I'm in. :dance:
Regardless of the price...I AM GETTING THIS ONE!!!!!!! :blush:
I have decided to lop some titles off of my XMAS TV DVD gift list to make room for this collection!!!!!
As with you, smithb, not many TV DVD titles are left for me to get, admittedly...but this is one I want and one I am going to get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It Takes A Thief: The Complete Series tops my XMAS gift list!!!!!!! This will be the jewel underneath the tree in a few months!!!!!!!! :D

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
If the price isn't right for :crazy: "The National Day Of Insanity" :crazy: (November 25 this year) I begin saving to get this Set on "Little Stinker Day" (April 14). :laugh:

Sky Captain

Second Unit
Real Name
Neville Ross
Richard--W said:
Not exactly a steal at $140, is it?
I've been wanting this program for a long time but it's a No Sale unless and until the price comes down to earth.
cajunhillbilly said:
I will need to wait until next year when I get my income tax return and see if I can afford it. By then it may have come down in price. I hope so. I have a homemade set that is atrocious.
Considering how much work it probably took to come up with remastered prints for this DVD set, and the time this show's been off of the cultural radar, plus the fact that the complete series is being offered for sale, I'd say that the price is reasonable, and that you are lucky to be getting it on DVD.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
Sky Captain said:
Considering how much work it probably took to come up with remastered prints for this DVD set, and the time this show's been off of the cultural radar, plus the fact that the complete series is being offered for sale, I'd say that the price is reasonable, and that you are lucky to be getting it on DVD.
I am not saying the price isn't reasonable, only that I cannot afford it and hope to get it with my income tax return. And hoping the price comes down isn't unreasonable either.

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
The price went up on Amazon. Hope it goes down and gets competitive on release week. I would be surprised if Best Buy even stocks it.

ToddR2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd Rutherford
I'm sure that the price will come down, even if it takes 4-6 months. I'm happy with the quality and the cheaper price of the Madman releases (even with shipping factored in), so I'll be sticking with them.

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
Well I bet it comes back down and also if Barnes and Noble is competitive - and has a good coupon, that could be a deal...

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have not posted anything in awhile to any of the threads due to it being summer. I have pre-order this show as i love Robert Wagner acting and i hope this means that more hart to hart can come out. I never seen this series before so it will be great watching it for the first time.

BobSchneider

Second Unit
Hmmm I saw the re runs this fall and spring on RTV 8.1 ota here in L.A. county Ca. It was fun catchy show but not $179.00 worth of fun. If I droping that change I save a few more $$$ and get the true gulity pleasure box set of the Six Million Dollar Man . LOL :D

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
If you think the price for It Takes a Thief is bad have you seen what the entire series of Law and Order will cost? :eek:
How much were those Sky King sets again? :laugh:

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
I cannot address Sky King, but there's no analogy between It Takes a Thief and Law and Order.
It Takes a Thief lasted 65 episodes over three seasons 1968-1970.
Law and Order lasted 456 episodes across 11 seasons 1990-2010.
That means Law and Order will fill more discs, need a bigger box, and cost more money.
Law and Order was a fine program I watched once in a while, but I have no interest in owning it.
Most TV programs are priced about $30 per season, which is not unreasonable.
At $140 or $180, It Takes a Thief is over-priced and outside the range of most consumers.
When the price comes down, and it will eventually, it will sell more units.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Richard--W said:
I cannot address Sky King, but there's no analogy between It Takes a Thief and Law and Order.
It Takes a Thief lasted 65 episodes over three seasons 1968-1970.
Law and Order lasted 456 episodes across 11 seasons 1990-2010.
That means Law and Order will fill more discs, need a bigger box, and cost more money.
Law and Order was a fine program I watched once in a while, but I have no interest in owning it.
Most TV programs are priced about $30 per season, which is not unreasonable.
At $140 or $180, It Takes a Thief is over-priced and outside the range of most consumers.
When the price comes down, and it will eventually, it will sell more units.
At $258.95. Sky King is currently the most expensive DVD Box Set for a Complete Series (And Individual seasons are NOT available for this one) I do not count entire seasons where all seasons are available individually (For example, the Star Trek Series. Sky King's record will, of course be broken when Law and Order becomes available, which is why I joked about the price of Sky King vs Law and Order! :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks