What's new

The Flintstones: The Complete Series (1960-1966) Blu-ray - October 2020 (or earlier) (1 Viewer)

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
This is important. As many people as possible need to contact WHV and make sure they are aware of this before they release this box set:

@hbomax
's The Flintstones are missing some pre-logue animation that occurs before the intro. Only a very small amount of the episodes retained it, most are missing. They contain story details so this is bad. Images are a list of episodes with this pre-logue missing.
7KcFzg7.png

OToKVhF.png

uNaVxHT.png

The HD masters are on HBO Max, so unfortunately it is incredibly likely that these omissions will be carried over to the Blu-ray.

Email - [email protected] and [email protected]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

unnamed.jpg

The Flintstones is finally coming to Blu-ray. IGN can exclusively reveal that Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will release The Flintstones: The Complete Series on Blu-ray and Digital HD in Fall 2020.
The set will include all six seasons and 166 episodes of the original series, along with two additional animated movies - 1966's The Man Called Flintstone and 2015's The Flintstones & WWE: Stone Age Smackdown! Every episode has been remastered in HD.

Warners has yet to reveal pricing or a specific release date for the Blu-ray set, although it is expected out this fall. It's also unclear what bonus features might be included in the set. We'll have to wait and see if those infamous Winston Cigarettes ads have been remastered in HD...

For those somehow unfamiliar with Fred Flintstone and his "modern Stone Age family," the original animated series aired on ABC from 1960 to 1966. Initially a prehistoric parody of live-action sitcoms like The Honeymooners, the series gradually shifted in a more family-friendly direction and eventually spawned a multimedia empire. The Flintstones broke new ground as the first animated series to air in a primetime TV slot. It also proved to be the longest-running animated series in TV history until The Simpsons came along and broke that record five times over.

The Flintstones has enjoyed a successful syndicated run and has spawned various spinoffs and reboots over the years, some of them more odd than others. DC Comics previously turned heads in 2016 with its subversive Flintstones series, one that proved to be surprisingly politically topical despite the prehistoric setting.

Fred Flintstone and family may be returning to the air soon. Last year we learned Warner Bros. is developing a new animated series in conjunction with Elizabeth Banks' Brownstone Productions.

Original listing leaked by a French retailer:
https://www.fnac.com/a14954336/Les-...plicable|14954336|NonApplicable|NonApplicable

Source : https://www.ign.com/articles/the-flintstones-the-complete-series-coming-to-blu-ray-in-2020

Coming October 21 in France, possibly earlier in the US.

Last edited:

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
If you’re talking about that intro that previews a specific scene that occurs later on in the show, then do me a big favor and delete it from all the episodes! I hated it when episodes are spoiled by a preview of what’s coming up.

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
If you’re talking about that intro that previews a specific scene that occurs later on in the show, then do me a big favor and delete it from all the episodes! I hated it when episodes are spoiled by a preview of what’s coming up.
In the later seasons they include content that isn't repeated in the episode itself. Especially in S05E09 - The Gruesomes. Try and watch that episode without the opening scene.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
This is important. As many people as possible need to contact WHV and make sure they are aware of this before they release this box set:

7KcFzg7.png

OToKVhF.png

uNaVxHT.png

The HD masters are on HBO Max, so unfortunately it is incredibly likely that these omissions will be carried over to the Blu-ray.

Email - [email protected] and [email protected]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

unnamed.jpg

Original listing leaked by a French retailer:
https://www.fnac.com/a14954336/Les-...plicable|14954336|NonApplicable|NonApplicable

Source : https://www.ign.com/articles/the-flintstones-the-complete-series-coming-to-blu-ray-in-2020

Coming October 21 in France, possibly earlier in the US.

Damn ! Who picked and Designed that Box Art ? :unsure::rolleyes: ... I could have done a better job blind folded ! :huh:

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I hope the problem of missing teasers are fixed (I believe that's the most typical term used to describe the opening segment before the title sequence rolls). I also hope that the old issue of incorrect title sequences and end credits that plagued the old DVD's has been eradicated with their new HD masters.

I'm also hoping the episode content itself is presented uncut. While there was an episode on the DVD's that was a syndicated version that's hopefully now fixed, we're potentially facing a censored episode here with the episode Royal Rubble. I won't be offended if they include one of their brief text scrolls about how it's a product of its time and Warner Home Video doesn't condone racial stereotypes before it plays, but I think it would be a shame to see it edited.

Particularly when one considers the audience for this, which alas isn't going to include very many kids, I don't see the sense in censoring what in the end is an innocent episode that I'm sure didn't intend to infer anything racially negative when it aired in the final season.

Lastly, I wonder what they were thinking with that second Flintstones special that they're including here. Sure wish it was 'A Flintstone Christmas' instead, since I'd actually watch that one (And don't yet own it on DVD). I can't see ever being bored enough to give this WWE special a try.

Last edited:

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Never heard that term in my years at this forum, but perhaps we just tend to use the other term in this community or I simply never noticed it.

I'm certainly not knowledgeable otherwise in this area. Most of the finer details I know about classic tv and movies has been gleaned from this forum community.

Last edited:

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
so if this released correctly with the "Cold Opens " intact the only thing i will need to do is dump the WWE movie in the nearest waste bin, oh and yea i want my "Winston taste good commercials", was one of my parents favorite sitcoms, Guess what brand Mom smoked,

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
so if this released correctly with the "Cold Opens " intact the only thing i will need to do is dump the WWE movie in the nearest waste bin, oh and yea i want my "Winston taste good commercials", was one of my parents favorite sitcoms, Guess what brand Mom smoked,
I'm really happy 1 Movie is The Man called Flintstone, hopefully in correct Widescreen ratio and with restored Colombia opening, but I was hoping the 2nd film was The Jetsons Meet the Flintstones.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I would have been fine with just one movie, since A Man Called Flintstone was done at the end of the TV Series and with the original voices. The “smackdown” movie? What the actual fudge? Of all of the Flintstone movies to pick, why that one? I would have tolerated Jetson’s crossover or the Pebbles and Bam-Bam wedding, those at least are relevant to a degree. I’ll still snap this up. WB has done a great job on Jonny Quest and The Jetsons, so this will be a no-brainer. I’m with you guys, I hope they restore everything with no edits. We got the “heathen monkeys” back in JQ so I don’t see why not…

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks