What's new

It Takes A Thief -- complete box-set -- October 11 (1 Viewer)

Joseph Burns

Stunt Coordinator
A few years back I was going to buy one of the Lord of the Rings films from DD. I spent some time making sure I was selecting the widescreen SKU before pulling the trigger. I got the panned-and-scanned nonetheless. Sorry that others have also had bad experiences, but I'm loving the company. :rolleyes:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Albert_M said:
a pre-order since they aren't the easiest to cancel from if deciding to go elsewhere.
I would never pre-order from anyone. I rather wait to see what prices look like the week of. As for DD, I have never had any problems with them. Yeah their sales aren't what they used to be, but honestly I don't even go near the sales threads anymore because it's just a bash session as people think that those sales were sustainable for some odd reason. I only posted their current price for reference anyone, not as a suggestion because i believe that when it finally arrives, prices be around that in different places.
I also have had good luck with B&N. I can't speak for online because i've used store coupons - a sale item, plus good coupon and membership can come out to a really good price. It's too bad that Borders won't be around because a well timed coupon can be really good. I got the Beatles Mono Box day of release (no crowd, no fuss) with a 40% coupon... walked in and out.
I pre-order from Amazon all the time. With their pre-order price guarantee and ease of cancelling they make the process very easy. If someone else beats their price up to release week I can easily cancel and go elsewhere.
As for DD... I've had a couple of issues with them since their sale to Infinity Resources now only made an occasional order on those rare occasions their price is actually lower than Amazon or the sale price is truly a sale price. They get *far* less of my DVD $$ than before. During the last 20% off sale I ordered ~$20 worth of product. Just a few short years ago that would have been ~$200.
I've *never* been able to get as good of a deal from B&N as others. Because of this I only use them a couple of times a year and rarely bother to check any more. Most of the time Amazon still beats their price *after* all the manipulation needed to get a "deal". When you calculate the cost of a membership into the discounts I don't save money at all so I've never purchased one. The local store has horrible DVD stock and can't be counted on to have anything I'd want during a sale. I must say that the one time I had to use their CS it was a good experience. I'd expected problems due to the reports of others. I received a "crushed" set which was replaced quickly and in the same manner as with Amazon.
Amazon is now my primary source because of both price and excellent CS.

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
These days, B&N is more likely to have catalog titles than even BB, and that's definitely true for cds. I buy enough stuff from B&N (and my wife too) that the membership is worth it and it's not a chore when you get a good coupon and go and pick up something. In fact, their recent Criterion sale made it worth it without anything else besides the 50% off plus membership 10%, but they also had a 20% off coupon and all of is applied. I don't argue about Amazon though. I regularly use them too.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Albert_M said:
These days, B&N is more likely to have catalog titles than even BB, and that's definitely true for cds. I buy enough stuff from B&N (and my wife too) that the membership is worth it and it's not a chore when you get a good coupon and go and pick up something. In fact, their recent Criterion sale made it worth it without anything else besides the 50% off plus membership 10%, but they also had a 20% off coupon and all of is applied. I don't argue about Amazon though. I regularly use them too.
I opened a B+N account a few years back during a Criterion sale . Since then I've kept up the membership . Well worth it . Between sales and coupons and the 10% off everything , it's well worth it . Also free express shipping with no min on the website . And with their frequent Criterion sales it makes sense for me . I also use Amazon a lot .

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I started to watch It takes a thief and I love this show!! Susan Saint James was babe back im the 1970s.

The network made a right choice with Robert Wagner as the Al Munday!!

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
And if Walter Mirsch were to release a complete Wichita Town series set himself, it would sell for wayyyyy more than SK and ITAT, $$$!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks