What's new

Torn Samsung LED UN46D7000 vs Samsung Plasma PN51D7000 (1 Viewer)

Chas19

Grip
Real Name
Charlie
Have been looking at both of these TVs and I don't know what to do. I like the look of the LED but the size of the Plasma I like better. I I do play games and was worried about burn in on the plasma thats the only thing holding me back from going that route. Looking to see if anyone has had issues with that.

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
I don't really believe burn-in is an issue anymore. I have a Panasonic tc-p42s1 plasma that I've had going on a year and a half. I will have the occasional 8-10 hour gaming session, and while I do notice image retention, it goes away fairly quickly and isn't enough to notice while playing or watching something else. I prefer Panasonic for Plasma, but Samsung is just fine too. One thing though, if you want 3D, the Panasonic 3D plasma's are generally the best reviewed 3D televisions on the market. The only big issue, is if you are going to have the TV in a room with alot of light, the LED might be better. But if you can control the lighting situation, I think you'll be far happier with the more natural quality of the Plasma. LCD and LED tv's look great in big, bright, big-box stores, but Plasma's (IMO) look better in a home. It's hard to describe, but LCD and LED TV's look almost like somebody took a brush and painted the picture on the screen, at least to me. Go with the Plasma, you won't regret it.

Chas19

Grip
Real Name
Charlie
Yeah I have to agree. I currently have a Samsung LED that is about 2 years old. I went to Hhgregg today and looked at the plasmas next to the LEDs. I can see the picture difference looked washed out. I was looking at the Panasonic GT30 but it is out of my price range and amazon has the 24 months same as cash and with Samsung you get a 3D blu-ray player and starter kit free.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I am a new plasma owner and I don't believe that I could go back to an LED.

The LED set which I owned suffered from serious visual issues such as flashlighting and clouding and I was able to exchange it and move to a Panasonic plasma. The difference is like night and day.

Hands down the plasma has better viewing angles, colors, and black levels. I have this tv in a room with a big window and I have not found the glare to be a huge issue. The tv looks great even with our curtains open.

As far image retention and burn-in. My television has feature built-in to help prevent this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks