-

Photo
- - - - -

The Persuaders! blu ray set in September!!!! Roger Moore and Tony Curtis tv series!!!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 of 24 Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,161 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted February 16 2012 - 03:53 AM

I have watched the first 2 Discs of the Series and I have a Region  Free Blu player. I'm impressed with the image quality. Some of those craxy color combos on some of the sets are crazy retro Love em! I think it is a great set, be aware I doubt the set will look Mint when shipped cause I think most everyone on message boards claimed there sets came a bit smooshed, it isn't the hardest box set material. Mine came in decent shape just not pristine.

Only real drawback is that audio while fine isn't lossless audio on the blu discs. The sound is fine though.

Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! They are part of film history.

Marantz SR7007
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 LG BD550 Region Free 
Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60

#22 of 24 Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 1,907 posts

Posted February 21 2012 - 06:05 AM

I have watched the first 2 Discs of the Series and I have a Region  Free Blu player. I'm impressed with the image quality. Some of those craxy color combos on some of the sets are crazy retro Love em! I think it is a great set, be aware I doubt the set will look Mint when shipped cause I think most everyone on message boards claimed there sets came a bit smooshed, it isn't the hardest box set material. Mine came in decent shape just not pristine. Only real drawback is that audio while fine isn't lossless audio on the blu discs. The sound is fine though.

Great to hear on the video quality! I have become a very big fan of this series over the past few years. I have the Network DVD set and would love to upgrade to the blu ray set. I have a blu ray player, but do not have one that will play Region B. Hopefully Network does continue with issuing The Saint on blu ray as well. What kind of blu ray player do you have? Would you recommend it as well?

#23 of 24 Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 1,907 posts

Posted December 08 2012 - 04:29 AM

it's frustrating that this release is locked to Region B. Is there any news on a US Region A release of this series on blu ray? I've been holding out hope that there will be. Also, hoping Network continues with it's stated blu ray plans for The Saint. Would be great for Studio Canal to open up a Region free release of The Avengers on blu ray as well.

#24 of 24 Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 1,907 posts

Posted December 08 2012 - 04:30 AM

I have watched the first 2 Discs of the Series and I have a Region  Free Blu player. I'm impressed with the image quality. Some of those craxy color combos on some of the sets are crazy retro Love em! I think it is a great set, be aware I doubt the set will look Mint when shipped cause I think most everyone on message boards claimed there sets came a bit smooshed, it isn't the hardest box set material. Mine came in decent shape just not pristine. Only real drawback is that audio while fine isn't lossless audio on the blu discs. The sound is fine though.

The audio is probably just a little richer then DVD? Some improvement? It is too bad they didn't include lossless audio.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users