What's new

denon 3802 vs onkyo 696 (1 Viewer)

Einar

Auditioning
im replacing my old onkyo 474 receiver, dvds thru that amp is not as entertaining anymore.

so the units im considering is as listed 3802 or 696. i thought of a hk 510 before, but the quality...

the thing i like with onkyo is the excellent easy setup, good looks and build quality. but is that were onkyo left theyr cash? instead of the sound quality itself?

i havnt been using denon at home, but what i hear is that its manuals, setup and remote often stink. and that denon got its own sound..

more i dunno..

any words from u guys? thx

DanaA

Screenwriter
I own the 696 and LOVE it, but I'd rather own the 3802 than my Onkyo, because it is a step up and who wouldn't want that. I personally think both Onkyos and Denons are fine sounding, but it would be more justified comparing the Denon 2802 to the 696. Yes, the ergonomics of the Onkyos are superior to those of the Denons. So, I guess I'm saying that I'd put the 797 as a candidate for your consideration. In my opinion, all three are fine receivers.

Einar

Auditioning
hm...the 696 and 3802 are priced the same here in norway. 1grand, is that too much for the 696?

what do u mean by ergonomics?

DanaA

Screenwriter
If that's U.S. dollars, yes I do feel it is too much for the Onkyo. The Denon, in my opinion, is a much better unit if they're both priced the same. Ergonomics refers to the ease of use for the piece of equipment - how easy is it to set up and adjust afterwards. But, at this price, I personally would grab the Denon over the Onkyo. Norway, huh? I just think it's cool that someone from California can communicate with someone from Norway so easily. The internet is great, isn't it?

Einar

Auditioning
the prices in this country...yuck

so the 797 is priced the same as the 3802 over there?

i guess it sooner or later will be a 3802 then..thou i still want a onkyo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks