What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Colombiana (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Zoe Saldana plays Cataleya, who as a young girl witnessed the murder of her parents by a big-time crime boss in Colombia, escapes the country, and uses some leverage to get into the US. Fueled by her grief and need for revenge, Cataleya is trained by her uncle in the art of assassination, and finely honed spy. The girl playing young Cataleya is pretty good, and I almost wished they included more of her formative years, as there's a big skip in time to get to Zoe Saldana in the role as a grown-up Cataleya who's been on a execution spree of criminals, and Lennie James is the FBI agent with the job of hunting down this assassin. I found the characterization of adult Cataleya a little weak, and the action sequences tended towards the cat-burglar aspect of Cataleya's skill set, but she could bring the pain down when she put her mind to it. It did feel a little like a follow-up to "The Professional", which shouldn't be a surprise given that Luc Besson produced and co-wrote the film. I give it 2.5 stars, or a grade of C+.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks