Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Colombiana

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,285 posts

Posted May 05 2011 - 12:05 PM

This looks fantastic!

http://movies.yahoo..../video/25134326

You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Jose Martinez

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter

• 1,113 posts

Posted May 06 2011 - 03:42 PM

yes, it does.  too bad it wasn't luc besson that directed it too.
Live Free or DIE!!!!!

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,215 posts

Posted August 28 2011 - 01:03 PM

Zoe Saldana plays Cataleya, who as a young girl witnessed the murder of her parents by a big-time crime boss in Colombia, escapes the country, and uses some leverage to get into the US. Fueled by her grief and need for revenge, Cataleya is trained by her uncle in the art of assassination, and finely honed spy. The girl playing young Cataleya is pretty good, and I almost wished they included more of her formative years, as there's a big skip in time to get to Zoe Saldana in the role as a grown-up Cataleya who's been on a execution spree of criminals, and Lennie James is the FBI agent with the job of hunting down this assassin. I found the characterization of adult Cataleya a little weak, and the action sequences tended towards the cat-burglar aspect of Cataleya's skill set, but she could bring the pain down when she put her mind to it. It did feel a little like a follow-up to "The Professional", which shouldn't be a surprise given that Luc Besson produced and co-wrote the film. I give it 2.5 stars, or a grade of C+.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users