Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Can anyone name this character?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor

• 926 posts

Posted April 20 2011 - 10:10 AM

Posted Image I found this at a garage sale and i was curious if anyone knew who this character was?

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Rex Bachmann

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter

• 1,975 posts

Posted April 20 2011 - 10:34 AM

Chad Ferguson wrote (post #1):

I found this at a garage sale and i was curious if anyone knew who this character was?

I can't help you directly, but here's a suggestion.

Take close-up pictures of the "action-figure's" belt (all around), which appears to have writing on it. Then post the close-up shots here. If someone who reads Japanese (or Chinese?) script can see the writing, (s)he might at least be able to provide you with a transliteration you can then use to "google" the words, which will probably lead you to a satisfactory answer.

"Delenda est . . . . "

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton

Producer

• 3,121 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted April 21 2011 - 01:50 AM

Mechander Robo (aka Mekanda Robo, etc).

Wikipedia entry

Maxtoons Article

Google Images

And my personal favorite - an mpeg of the animated show's opening credits!

P.S. All the rest of the developers in my office thank you for the fun morning diversion from work!  ;-)

Are you new to the Home Theater Forum? Stop by the New Member Introductions area and introduce yourself! See you there!

#4 of 7 ONLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 15,045 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted April 21 2011 - 06:05 AM

Based on that, I found a quote you might like, Chad:

It's becoming harder and harder to find them, and when they do appear, the price is usually well above $1,000 US for loose specimens, based on their popularity as well as rarity.

http://www.collectio...77/mekanda_robo

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   bdmon

bdmon

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted April 21 2011 - 06:56 AM

If it's being sold for chump change you will definitely want to grab it --- if it's not too late! As long as your Ebay listing has the phrase Jumbo Machinder you should do well. Be prepared with photos of the condition of the labels/stickers and if you have missiles etc. Lots of collectors of Jumbo Machinders need to upgrade from lesser condition versions and they need to determine if it is an upgrade. Otherwise, the questions will come like rain. Edit: You may want to add photos of the copyright/licensing rights bits (these were probably somewhere on the back) to confirm it isn't a knock-off. Or you could keep it :) Great find!

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor

• 926 posts

Posted April 24 2011 - 09:04 AM

Just a thanks guys, it turned out to be a legit find. 5$ could turn into a lot more but for now might just keep it. Thank you so much for your help!!!

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   MachinderUSA

MachinderUSA

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted March 05 2012 - 03:35 PM

Hi, Chad I wanted to see if you still have this Jumbo Mekanda doll I would be interested in a fair offer. LMK Thanks Jeff z3zoo@mtco.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users