Can anyone name this character?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Chad Ferguson, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson Supporting Actor

[​IMG] I found this at a garage sale and i was curious if anyone knew who this character was?

2. Rex Bachmann

Rex Bachmann Screenwriter

Rex Bachmann
    Chad Ferguson wrote (post #1):

I can't help you directly, but here's a suggestion.

Take close-up pictures of the "action-figure's" belt (all around), which appears to have writing on it. Then post the close-up shots here. If someone who reads Japanese (or Chinese?) script can see the writing, (s)he might at least be able to provide you with a transliteration you can then use to "google" the words, which will probably lead you to a satisfactory answer.

3. Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton Ambassador

Jason Charlton
  4. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Based on that, I found a quote you might like, Chad:

http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/1977/mekanda_robo

5. bdmon

bdmon Auditioning

If it's being sold for chump change you will definitely want to grab it --- if it's not too late!

As long as your Ebay listing has the phrase Jumbo Machinder you should do well.

Be prepared with photos of the condition of the labels/stickers and if you have missiles etc. Lots of collectors of Jumbo Machinders need to upgrade from lesser condition versions and they need to determine if it is an upgrade. Otherwise, the questions will come like rain.

Edit: You may want to add photos of the copyright/licensing rights bits (these were probably somewhere on the back) to confirm it isn't a knock-off.

Or you could keep it :) Great find!

6. Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson Supporting Actor

Just a thanks guys, it turned out to be a legit find. 5$ could turn into a lot more but for now might just keep it. Thank you so much for your help!!!

7. MachinderUSA

MachinderUSA Auditioning

Hi, Chad I wanted to see if you still have this Jumbo Mekanda doll I would be interested in a fair offer. LMK Thanks Jeff z3zoo@mtco.com