What's new

USHE Announcement: The Adjustment Bureau (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Promotion: The Adjustment Bureau

Headline Date: 4/19/2011
Release Date: 6/21/2011 THE ADJUSTMENT BUREAU Product Source: Theatrical
Theatrical Studio: Universal
Theatrical Release: 3/4/2011 Synopsis: Academy Award® nominee Matt Damon (The Bourne trilogy) stars in this action thriller about a man who glimpses the future Fate has planned for him – and chooses to fight for his own destiny. Battling the powerful Adjustment Bureau across, under and through the streets of New York, he risks his destined greatness to be with the only woman he's ever loved (Emily Blunt: The Young Victoria, The Devil Wears Prada). Based on a story by the legendary Philip K. Dick (Total Recall, Minority Report and Blade Runner), The Adjustment Bureau is “entertaining and thought-provoking”. — Katey Rich, CINEMABLEND.COM BD Combo Pack Widescreen / Widescreen (61118962) : Disc 1 (Side A)
Format: BD Combo Pack UPC: 0-2519-21055-5-5 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 6/21/2011 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 1 Hour 46 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: BD-50 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case with Slip Sleeve Layers: Single Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
English DVS Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
French Canadian DTS 5.1 Surround
Spanish DTS 5.1 Surround
Subtitles: English SDH
French
Spanish
Edition: - Picture: Widescreen / Anamorphic Widescreen Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: PG-13 CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: BD Combo Pack Widescreen / Widescreen (61118962) : Disc 2 (Side A)
Format: BD Combo Pack UPC: 0-2519-21055-5-5 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 6/21/2011 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 1 Hour 46 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case with Slip Sleeve Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
French Canadian Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
French
Spanish
Edition: - Picture: Widescreen / Anamorphic Widescreen Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: PG-13 CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: DVD Widescreen (61113683) : Disc 1 (Side A)
Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-20605-7-1 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 6/21/2011 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 1 Hour 46 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case with Slip Sleeve Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
French Canadian Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
French
Spanish
Edition: - Picture: Anamorphic Widescreen Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: PG-13 CARA Rating: - Bonus Features:

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I was really surprised how much I enjoyed this. It's light fare, but it does a good job of it and has some good moments. I have to think there should be a pack of deleted scenes, though. There seems to be plenty of moments where you jump a bit too fast.

From an email I received:

The Exclusive Bluray Addition will be 'The Labyrinth of Doors: Interactive Map of New York,' an interactive feature that allows you to jump from video pod to video pod via a map interface.

Available in both formats:

• Deleted and Extended Scenes
  • Leaping Through New York - An inside look at how the production team filmed David Norris' (Matt Damon) race to the courthouse, featuring interviews with Damon, director George Nolfi, special effects coordinator Mark Russell and producers Michael Hackett and Chris Moore.
  • Destined to Be - The Adjustment Bureau provided Matt Damon with his first opportunity to play a true romantic lead in a feature film. Co-star Emily Blunt, director George Nolfi and Damon himself reflect on this new role for the star and the relationship between David Norris and Blunt's character, Elise Sellas.
  • Becoming Elise - A look at Emily Blunt's dance training for the role of Elise. Blunt, Matt Damon, George Nolfi and Blunt's dance choreographer discuss her transformation from slender actress to well-muscled athlete.
  • Commentary with writer and director George Nolfi

I'm really hoping there is a branching option for the deleted scenes to be re-inserted, but I'll take it either way I suppose.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Just my 2 cents. Imho although there were some good scenes, I didn't like this one. I'd take Source Code over it by a good margin.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Definite purchase. Still a candidate for best movie of the year for me.

Wow...okay, but it's still early in the year.

Thought the film was okay, but mostly I was

underwhelmed by it all. Not bad. Not great.

One thing that seemed odd about it was the

choice of music during a chase scene. Seemed

highly inappropriate.

Visit our
imgrepo
DVD,
imgrepo
BLU-RAY and
imgrepo
3D REVIEW ARCHIVES

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I know movies are coming to disc sooner than ever, but this one really did seem to get an upcoming release announcement quickly.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein

Wow...okay, but it's still early in the year.

By that comment, I meant that nothing else I've seen so far has surpassed it. I certainly hope and expect that my moviegoing for 2011 hasn't already peaked.

That being said, I did really love the film. More than a lot of other people.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I did, too. Not the greatest film ever, but I had a great time. I have a weakness for PK Dick-based ideas, and was with this one all the way. Looking forward to commentary and extras.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks