Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

a question about THE FUGITIVE (CBS 1963-67)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Richard--W

Richard--W

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted April 09 2011 - 06:36 PM

I'd like to buy the complete series (CBS 1963-67), but I have misgivings about the music which I understand has been replaced by new music. Then I heard CBS was offering replacement discs with the old music. That was a couple of years ago. I believe there are four seasons spread across eight box sets, and I don't know which has the original soundtracks and which don't. What's the status of THE FUGITIVE and its music? Should I buy it or not? Any help you folks can give will be appreciated. The money is burning a hole in my pocket, but I will spend it elsewhere if I have to.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Joseph Bolus

Joseph Bolus

Screenwriter

• 2,196 posts

Posted April 09 2011 - 09:39 PM

The following sets have the music 99% intact: * Season 1: Volume 1 * Season 1: Volume 2 * Season 4: Volume 1 * Season 4: Volume 2 The rest of the sets contain between 40% and 100% music replacement. The worse offender is the street version of Season 2: Volume 1 which has all the music replaced. The replacement discs -- which are no longer offered -- restored about 60% of the original music. The rest of the sets ( Season 2: Volume 2 through Season 3: Volume 2 ) were authored in a similar fashion to the replacement discs for Season 2 Volume 1. Of course, there's speculation that CBS/Paramount will eventually offer a complete series set which would include the replacement discs for Season 2.. As far as I'm aware, there has been no announcement regarding a complete series box.
Joseph
---------------

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Richard--W

Richard--W

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted April 10 2011 - 01:16 PM

Joseph Bolus, your answer provided the shortcut I was hoping for. I knew someone on HTF would know the answer. Many thanks. Okay, seasons 1 and season 4 are bought. If someone feels like parting with their corrected discs from season 2 and 3, PM me.

#4 of 4 ONLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,514 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted April 10 2011 - 01:20 PM

There was only one corrected volume: Season 2, Volume 1.

Originally Posted by Richard--W 

Joseph Bolus, your answer provided the shortcut I was hoping for. I knew someone on HTF would know the answer. Many thanks.

Okay, seasons 1 and season 4 are bought.

If someone feels like parting with their corrected discs from season 2 and 3, PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users