What's new

a question about THE FUGITIVE (CBS 1963-67) (1 Viewer)

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
I'd like to buy the complete series (CBS 1963-67), but I have misgivings about the music which I understand has been replaced by new music. Then I heard CBS was offering replacement discs with the old music. That was a couple of years ago. I believe there are four seasons spread across eight box sets, and I don't know which has the original soundtracks and which don't.

What's the status of THE FUGITIVE and its music?

Should I buy it or not?

Any help you folks can give will be appreciated.

The money is burning a hole in my pocket, but I will spend it elsewhere if I have to.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
The following sets have the music 99% intact: * Season 1: Volume 1 * Season 1: Volume 2 * Season 4: Volume 1 * Season 4: Volume 2 The rest of the sets contain between 40% and 100% music replacement. The worse offender is the street version of Season 2: Volume 1 which has all the music replaced. The replacement discs -- which are no longer offered -- restored about 60% of the original music. The rest of the sets ( Season 2: Volume 2 through Season 3: Volume 2 ) were authored in a similar fashion to the replacement discs for Season 2 Volume 1. Of course, there's speculation that CBS/Paramount will eventually offer a complete series set which would include the replacement discs for Season 2.. As far as I'm aware, there has been no announcement regarding a complete series box.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Joseph Bolus, your answer provided the shortcut I was hoping for. I knew someone on HTF would know the answer. Many thanks.

Okay, seasons 1 and season 4 are bought.

If someone feels like parting with their corrected discs from season 2 and 3, PM me.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
There was only one corrected volume: Season 2, Volume 1.

Originally Posted by Richard--W

Joseph Bolus, your answer provided the shortcut I was hoping for. I knew someone on HTF would know the answer. Many thanks.

Okay, seasons 1 and season 4 are bought.

If someone feels like parting with their corrected discs from season 2 and 3, PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks