a question about THE FUGITIVE (CBS 1963-67)

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Richard--W, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Richard--W

Richard--W Banned

I'd like to buy the complete series (CBS 1963-67), but I have misgivings about the music which I understand has been replaced by new music. Then I heard CBS was offering replacement discs with the old music. That was a couple of years ago. I believe there are four seasons spread across eight box sets, and I don't know which has the original soundtracks and which don't.

What's the status of THE FUGITIVE and its music?

Should I buy it or not?

Any help you folks can give will be appreciated.

The money is burning a hole in my pocket, but I will spend it elsewhere if I have to.

2. Joseph Bolus

Joseph Bolus Cinematographer

The following sets have the music 99% intact: * Season 1: Volume 1 * Season 1: Volume 2 * Season 4: Volume 1 * Season 4: Volume 2 The rest of the sets contain between 40% and 100% music replacement. The worse offender is the street version of Season 2: Volume 1 which has all the music replaced. The replacement discs -- which are no longer offered -- restored about 60% of the original music. The rest of the sets ( Season 2: Volume 2 through Season 3: Volume 2 ) were authored in a similar fashion to the replacement discs for Season 2 Volume 1. Of course, there's speculation that CBS/Paramount will eventually offer a complete series set which would include the replacement discs for Season 2.. As far as I'm aware, there has been no announcement regarding a complete series box.

3. Richard--W

Richard--W Banned

Joseph Bolus, your answer provided the shortcut I was hoping for. I knew someone on HTF would know the answer. Many thanks.

Okay, seasons 1 and season 4 are bought.

If someone feels like parting with their corrected discs from season 2 and 3, PM me.

4. Mark-P

Mark-P Producer

Mark Probst
    There was only one corrected volume: Season 2, Volume 1.