-

Photo
- - - - -

Amplifier and Projector

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 NcgOsh

NcgOsh

Extra

• 22 posts

Posted February 27 2011 - 12:38 PM

Hi guys I would like to get a recommendation from professional guys for followings:

(a) Amplifier (7.1 with 2 HDMI outputs and 3D support)

(b) Projector

© Center Speaker (Box type which I could stand on a TV cabinet) Note that I got Boston wall and ceiling speakers installed and should I go for same Boston brand or any other brand.

I am not after very cheap product or very expensive one. Something in the middle of range would be good.

Thanks,

#2 of 4 gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,699 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted February 27 2011 - 01:45 PM

A) A receiver with 2 hdmi outputs automatically puts you in the middle to high end. They start with the Denon 3311, Onkyo 1008, Pioneer Elite 33 and the least expensive of them all-the Yamaha RX-A800.

B) Sorry, I don't know anything about front projectors.

C) Yes, you should stick with Boston Acoustics for your center channel. Try and find a model with the same type of tweeter as the fronts.

Edit: BTW, here's an on-line code that apparently gets you a Denon 3311 for a little over $800 shipped from Electronics-Expo.com

Goto electronics-expo.com and use CODE = LSDA1229 and it will be less than $800! What a STEAL, and you heard it here first.

Dennis in the receiver forum gave us the heads up on this.

"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

#3 of 4 winniw

winniw

Second Unit

• 287 posts

Posted February 27 2011 - 03:25 PM

Personally, for a projector, I am going with an Epson 8350.  They are around $1200 to $1300.  If that is in your price range, I would recommend reading more about them and comparing them to other projectors at www.projectorreviews.com

Besides price and fantastic performance for the money, I chose the 8350 because it is extremely flexible in placement.  You can mount it high or set it on a table, you don't have to have it right in the center of the screen.  You can get a 100" image from as close as 9' to as far as 21' or so, because it has a 2.1 zoom.  I need this kind of flexibility.  Also, it is a bright image, so it does well with some ambient light.  I will usually be viewing at night but if I want to use it at day time, it will work and some won't.

The 8350 may not be the solution for you but it is at least a place to start comparing.

Nick

#4 of 4 Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted February 27 2011 - 05:44 PM

Recommending anything without more specific info from you is ridiculous.