Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
Blu-ray Reviews

HTF Blu-ray Review: NURSE JACKIE Season 2

TV Reviews

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted February 22 2011 - 07:15 AM

COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,835 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted February 22 2011 - 12:51 PM

Thanks, Michael. It was your review of Season 1 which intrigued me enough to purchase the first season on Blu as a complete blind buy.  What a rollicking good ride that turned out to be! While really disappointed that Haas Sleiman isn't back for Season 2, I can't wait for the opportunity to get caught up with the craziness in Jackie's life. I picked up my copy today at Target for the terrific price of $24.99.  My wife--who took quite a while to warm up to the program--is also looking forward to returning to the material now.  She had issues with some of the darker themes running throughout the show. We'll be getting started very soon! 

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,835 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 11 2011 - 06:59 AM

[quote]Originally Posted by Mike Frezon [url=/forum/thread/309052/htf-blu-ray-review-nurse-jackie-season-2#post_3783910]

We savored all 12 episodes.  Oh, that there would be more!

My wife has a thing for main characters that one can like.  "Heroes" if you will.  She's still not very sure what to make of Jackie.   I think we are both taken by this character of Jackie Peyton and the decisions she makes and what motivates her.

As I mentioned above, my wife took quite a while to warm up to Season 1.  But she agrees that it is very well-written and acted and appears to be hooked.  In particular, she likes Merritt Wever's work as Zoey.

That last scene (and you could say the entire last episode) is enough to blow one's mind.  Just when you think you've kinda got figured out where the writers are taking things...WHAM!  And not in the cheap ways imaginable (sudden car crash, for example, turning events on their ear)...but by having characters simply react in ways you would not predict.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon