Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Android Tablets? Honeycomb might be the droid you are looking for!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 ONLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 18,523 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted December 07 2010 - 02:51 AM

Definitely has possibilities. http://www.engadget....at-d-dive-into/

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

HTF Rules

Classified Sales Rules

UV Sales New Clarifications

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,886 posts

Posted December 07 2010 - 03:32 PM

Mmmm...  If that's gonna be a 4G tablet running Honeycomb, etc. (and coming very soon), then I wonder who'd still buy the 3G Samsung Galaxy Tab running Froyo, etc. unless there's a substantial price diff. Hmmm...  Has Verizon even said anything about a (potential) pricing diff for 4G access vs 3G?  I forgot about that possibility in considering waiting for a 4G smartphone. _Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (Apostle Paul)

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,886 posts

Posted December 07 2010 - 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by ManW_TheUncool 
Hmmm...  Has Verizon even said anything about a (potential) pricing diff for 4G access vs 3G?  I forgot about that possibility in considering waiting for a 4G smartphone.

Judging by their pricing for their MiFi options, seems like there's probably no real diff in pricing although they might require the higher unlimited data plan (vs the 1/2-price 150MB/month plan) since they currently do not offer the lowest (2GB/month) option for 4G MiFi.

Realistically, if you're gonna want/use 4G speed, there's probably no chance you'd stay w/in the 150MB/month limit of the 1/2-price plan anyway.

_Man_

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (Apostle Paul)

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   kaisera

kaisera

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted December 08 2010 - 01:55 AM

Well HoneyCombe tablet willl not come in this year. Now Google has recently introduced Android 2.3 gingerbread so i m expecting more and more tablet will be based on gingerbread in future.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,886 posts

Posted December 08 2010 - 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by kaisera 

Well HoneyCombe tablet willl not come in this year. Now Google has recently introduced Android 2.3 gingerbread so i m expecting more and more tablet will be based on gingerbread in future.

There isn't much of this year left though.  The question is what exactly will Motorola be releasing early next year in light of this recent demo?  Will it just be another Gingerbread tablet that's less impressive than that demo?  OR will that demo-ed tablet be their first (w/ probably later release date like spring time around when the next iteration of iPad is expected)?  There still doesn't seem to be any definite info on that yet.

_Man_

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users