What's new

Android Tablets? Honeycomb might be the droid you are looking for! (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Definitely has possibilities.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/06/motorola-android-tablet-prototype-makes-a-cameo-at-d-dive-into/

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Mmmm... If that's gonna be a 4G tablet running Honeycomb, etc. (and coming very soon), then I wonder who'd still buy the 3G Samsung Galaxy Tab running Froyo, etc. unless there's a substantial price diff.

Hmmm... Has Verizon even said anything about a (potential) pricing diff for 4G access vs 3G? I forgot about that possibility in considering waiting for a 4G smartphone.

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Originally Posted by ManW_TheUncool
Hmmm... Has Verizon even said anything about a (potential) pricing diff for 4G access vs 3G? I forgot about that possibility in considering waiting for a 4G smartphone.

Judging by their pricing for their MiFi options, seems like there's probably no real diff in pricing although they might require the higher unlimited data plan (vs the 1/2-price 150MB/month plan) since they currently do not offer the lowest (2GB/month) option for 4G MiFi.

Realistically, if you're gonna want/use 4G speed, there's probably no chance you'd stay w/in the 150MB/month limit of the 1/2-price plan anyway.

_Man_

kaisera

Auditioning
Real Name
abbas
Well HoneyCombe tablet willl not come in this year. Now Google has recently introduced Android 2.3 gingerbread so i m expecting more and more tablet will be based on gingerbread in future.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Originally Posted by kaisera

Well HoneyCombe tablet willl not come in this year. Now Google has recently introduced Android 2.3 gingerbread so i m expecting more and more tablet will be based on gingerbread in future.

There isn't much of this year left though. The question is what exactly will Motorola be releasing early next year in light of this recent demo? Will it just be another Gingerbread tablet that's less impressive than that demo? OR will that demo-ed tablet be their first (w/ probably later release date like spring time around when the next iteration of iPad is expected)? There still doesn't seem to be any definite info on that yet.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks