What's new

I, Frankenstein (1 Viewer)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
This reminds me of the CGI debacle known as VAN HELSING. Though, I did like the CGI werewolf in that one, except for the uncharacteristic scenes of it being able to scale a wall like Spider-Man. A part of me wants this to be good, basically I'm a fan of Patrick Tatopolos' creature effects work. Well, visually, it should look pretty damn good. Okay, this thread is officially open for business . . . what say you guys?

FANGORIA: UNDERWORLD vets Patrick Tatopoulos (who did the creature design for the first two films and directed UNDERWORLD: RISE OF THE LYCANS) and Kevin Grevioux (who came up with the story for UNDERWORLD and was an actor and producer on the movies) are teaming up for a new film project: I, FRANKENSTEIN.

Tatopoulos is set to direct I, FRANKENSTEIN from a script by Grevioux for a 2011 release. The story centers on Frankenstein’s Monster fighting against other classic monsters. “You know, any number of vampires, werewolves, Dracula, zombies, ghosts, goblins,” Grevioux says. “Regardless of saying that, it’s going to be totally serious. It’s going to take itself seriously, but not take itself too seriously and it’s going to be cool. It’s basically one of the things that horror fans, like myself, have been wanting to see for a long time.”

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
So Hollywood wants to show Frankenstein as an action hero, with plenty of whiz bang FX, bass galore, and maybe even shaky cam for good measure. Whoopee.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I say let's keep the horror characters within the realm of horror. UNDERWORLD and VAN HELSING came off as movies that were based on graphic novels rather than straight horror. I blame it on the popularity of all those live action super hero movies. Now, all the studios want in their horror icons is a little super hero action.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks