Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Different Strokes season 3 where are you?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted November 04 2010 - 08:17 PM

I notice this title is not in the FAQ of Tvshowsondvd.com's list.  This is my favorite show.  As a kid and as an adult.  There are NO music issues here so why isn't this out on DVD yet?  It was the highest rated show when it was on!

#2 of 14 Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Screenwriter

• 2,417 posts

Posted November 05 2010 - 12:02 AM

I would love to see the rest of this show released too. But this is Sony we are talking about. Lets hope they give it out to Shout, or somebody else. Because I just cant see them releasing it.

At last my body is reunited with my soul which was always feminine.

#3 of 14 Theodore J. Mooney

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor

• 538 posts

Posted November 20 2010 - 11:20 AM

Diff'rent Strokes might have a chance of getting picked up by Shout Factory! as this company is currently releasing season sets of the DS spin-off, The Facts of Life.

Music Video of the Week (Feb. 8th-14th):
 ("Hands To Heaven" sung by Breathe)

"I Love Lucy wasn't just a title" ~ Desi Arnaz
"Desi Arnaz was the love of my life" ~ Lucille Ball

#4 of 14 TV_Fan

TV_Fan

Second Unit

• 281 posts

Posted November 20 2010 - 12:03 PM

Shout! Factory is the company releasing Facts Of Life, not MPI.  Hopefully Shout! wll pick up Diff'rent Strokes.

Originally Posted by Theodore J. Mooney 

Diff'rent Strokes might have a chance of getting picked up by MPI as this company is currently releasing season sets of the DS spin-off, The Facts of Life.

#5 of 14 Theodore J. Mooney

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor

• 538 posts

Posted November 20 2010 - 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by TV_Fan 

Shout! Factory is the company releasing Facts Of Life, not MPI.  Hopefully Shout! wll pick up Diff'rent Strokes

Sorry. I meant Shout! Factory but put down MPI for some odd reason. I corrected my mistake.

Music Video of the Week (Feb. 8th-14th):
 ("Hands To Heaven" sung by Breathe)

"I Love Lucy wasn't just a title" ~ Desi Arnaz
"Desi Arnaz was the love of my life" ~ Lucille Ball

#6 of 14 TV_Fan

TV_Fan

Second Unit

• 281 posts

Posted November 21 2010 - 12:48 AM

Shout! Factory started releasing Adam 12 and later picked up Dragnet, the show it was spun off from.  Hopefully the same will happen in this case.

#7 of 14 Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,578 posts

Posted April 06 2012 - 04:28 AM

http://tvshowsondvd....-Season-3/16785 Yes, 2012 is truning out to be the best year for tv on dvd releases ever. FANTASTIC!!!

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#8 of 14 vnisanian2001

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor

• 683 posts

Posted April 06 2012 - 05:12 AM

And I know this may be a bit off-topic, but to me, the only thing that would make 2012 an even better year for classic TV-on-DVD than it already is would be if those numbskulls as Fox's Home Entertainment division were pulled back into reality. Anyone who knows about their behavior and attitude towards classic TV-on-DVD will know what I mean by that.
 To all fans of Mr. Belvedere who haven't purchased season 4 yet, please watch this video.

#9 of 14 HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,212 posts

Posted April 06 2012 - 06:07 AM

I don't know if it's best year ever but it's a good one so far, and this is another title I'll be buying.

#10 of 14 MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,021 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted April 06 2012 - 06:46 AM

I predicted this would be a Shout! release based on past releases, and I'm thrilled to be right about this one.

Now hopefully they can finish The Facts of Life.

Enough is enough, Disney. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray.

My DVD/BD List at DVD Aficionado

#11 of 14 vnisanian2001

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor

• 683 posts

Posted April 06 2012 - 06:57 AM

Season 3 had two hour-long episodes ("The Bank Job" and "The Accident"). Sony has done a terrible (TERRIBLE!) job of including this shows' hour-long episodes in their original form. The first season set had "Retrospective" and "The Trip" in the 2-part, edited syndication format, whilst the second season set had the "Feudin' and Fussin'" and "Thanksgiving Crossover" episodes in the original formats, but the "Arnold's Girlfriend" episode split into two parts, despite being otherwise uncut. Hopefully, they'll get it right this time. There was no excuse to have the two hour-long episodes on season 1 edited, as the original versions of them are at the UCLA Film & Television Archives, and at the Library of Congress.
 To all fans of Mr. Belvedere who haven't purchased season 4 yet, please watch this video.

#12 of 14 Kasey

Kasey

Second Unit

• 258 posts

Posted April 06 2012 - 07:49 AM

Now that we know Designing Women is complete, I am also hoping for The Facts of Life to get un-stalled by Shout. Charlie's Angels S5 would also be nice.

#13 of 14 vnisanian2001

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor

• 683 posts

Posted April 06 2012 - 11:20 AM

It doesn't look good for FOL at all. Season 5 was released almost 2 years ago, and so far nothing. Sony seems to have an ironclad grip on the remaining 4 seasons, much like how Fox seems to have an ironclad grip on most, if not all of their classic TV library.

#14 of 14 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,075 posts

Posted April 09 2012 - 04:06 AM

Good news about the third season of Diff'rent Strokes finally being released on DVD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow