What's new

Different Strokes season 3 where are you? (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Diffrent-Strokes-Season-3/16785
Yes, 2012 is truning out to be the best year for tv on dvd releases ever. FANTASTIC!!!

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
And I know this may be a bit off-topic, but to me, the only thing that would make 2012 an even better year for classic TV-on-DVD than it already is would be if those numbskulls as Fox's Home Entertainment division were pulled back into reality.
Anyone who knows about their behavior and attitude towards classic TV-on-DVD will know what I mean by that.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I don't know if it's best year ever but it's a good one so far, and this is another title I'll be buying.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I predicted this would be a Shout! release based on past releases, and I'm thrilled to be right about this one.

Now hopefully they can finish The Facts of Life.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
Season 3 had two hour-long episodes ("The Bank Job" and "The Accident"). Sony has done a terrible (TERRIBLE!) job of including this shows' hour-long episodes in their original form. The first season set had "Retrospective" and "The Trip" in the 2-part, edited syndication format, whilst the second season set had the "Feudin' and Fussin'" and "Thanksgiving Crossover" episodes in the original formats, but the "Arnold's Girlfriend" episode split into two parts, despite being otherwise uncut. Hopefully, they'll get it right this time.
There was no excuse to have the two hour-long episodes on season 1 edited, as the original versions of them are at the UCLA Film & Television Archives, and at the Library of Congress.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Now that we know Designing Women is complete, I am also hoping for The Facts of Life to get un-stalled by Shout. Charlie's Angels S5 would also be nice.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
It doesn't look good for FOL at all. Season 5 was released almost 2 years ago, and so far nothing. Sony seems to have an ironclad grip on the remaining 4 seasons, much like how Fox seems to have an ironclad grip on most, if not all of their classic TV library.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Good news about the third season of Diff'rent Strokes finally being released on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks