Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

ABC Developing 'Incredible Hulk' Series

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,981 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted October 14 2010 - 09:46 PM

The Incredible Hulk is muscling his way to primetime TV. ABC is in very early stages of development of a live-action series adaptation of the popular Marvel comic book character. There is no writer on board yet with search underway. Marvel, which was acquired by ABC parent Disney last year for $4 billion, started a major push in TV in June with the launch of Marvel Television whose goal was to adapt Marvel characters and stories to the small screen. Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb (Smallville) and his team quickly zeroed in on The Hulk, with rumors of a potential Hulk live-action series first surfacing in mid-summer.

http://www.deadline....le-hulk-series/

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   MarkWK

MarkWK

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted October 14 2010 - 10:39 PM

I have a great idea for who can star in this! We can get Bill Bixby to star as mild mannered Dr. David Banner and Lou Ferigno as the Hulk. I can even see Dr. David Banner saying "Don't make me angry, You won't like me when I'm angry." Seriously...hasn't this been done already or was I dreaming? Mark

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 5,049 posts

Posted October 14 2010 - 11:42 PM

I was just thinking the other day how the Hulk seemed better suited to television than movies. A return to TV would do away with all the military hardware and complex machinery of the recent movies and could focus on more human - and relatable - elements like the Bixby show did. Of course, any show would have a bigger budget than was possible in 1978, and more special effects are a given.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,981 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted October 15 2010 - 05:51 AM

If it's on ABC, and No Ordinary Family is still around, they could do a crossover fight between the Hulk and the Chiklis character.  It'd be the closest we'll probably come to a live-action Hulk/Thing fight.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   SWFF

SWFF

Screenwriter

• 1,873 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted October 15 2010 - 10:33 AM

These seriously piqued my interest when I read it. Wonder what route they'll take with big, angry, green man?

DREAD CENTRAL: As ABC suffers through a pitiful fall television schedule that has seen nearly every new show flounder it's not surprising to hear that the Disney-owned network would turn to Disney-owned Marvel for a superhero show to hopefully hulk up their primetime ratings.

What might be surprising is the idea of a new "Incredible Hulk" series hitting airwaves as Marvel preps for The Avengers big screen flick with recently cast Mark Ruffalo as the latest incarnation of scientist Bruce Banner whose alter ego will feature a prominent role in the mega blockbuster.

The Hollywood Reporter brings word that ABC is currently in very early development of a new weekly live-action adaptation of "The Incredible Hulk". So early is the Hulk talk that there is no word yet of writers, producers, stars, or whether the plan will be for an all digital Hulk or if the angry green avenger will be brought to life via a painted-up muscleman as one done on CBS' "Incredible Hulk" series that aired from 1978-1982. Expect more details to emerge shortly.

Other shows the new head of ABC development has planned for next season's ABC fall schedule include a reboot of "Charlie's Angels", a series version of the Arnold Schwarzenegger/James Cameron 1994 film True Lies, and a racy drama from the creator of 90210 curiously titled "Good Christian Bitches".  

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   SWFF

SWFF

Screenwriter

• 1,873 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted October 15 2010 - 12:25 PM

Damn, had no idea this news had already been broken over here. I was so excited to see this, I just rushed over, and made a blind post.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,742 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted October 16 2010 - 03:41 PM

I'm a little surprised this is the title they decided to run with given the rather tepid response to the two Hulk movies.

The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.