Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

URC MX-3000 Remote Software

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   RichardNelson

RichardNelson

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted September 30 2010 - 06:38 PM

My friend gave me his used MX-3000 remote and I can not find the software anywhere for it.  I called URC and they said that any time the the customer adds new components to his or her home theater, the customer has to have the selling dealer/distributor come over and add the components. I told tham I live out of state from where it was purchased and the local dealer wants $200 a visit to program it. This could get very expensive!  I simply asked them if I could buy the software, as I upgrade my home theater a couple of times a year all the time.  They said no.  Does anyone here know how to obtain the software?  Or should I just get a Harmony 1000 instead of paying upwards of $200 a visit from my local URC dealer?  Please help!

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,249 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted October 01 2010 - 12:36 AM

I use the Harmony 880 but if I had to do it again, I'd go with the 890 since it is RF to IR.  I don't have to keep it pointed at the equipment.  Adding equipment is a breeze. Sell the MX on Ebay and you should have enough money for almost any Harmony you want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users