What's new

Can Nvidia shield be controlled by IR remote? (1 Viewer)

Dennis_H

Stunt Coordinator
TLDR version:
Want to know if I can control Nvidia Shield with IR universal remote.

Long version:
For now I have firesticks on my couple of systems. Everything is run by Harmony 700 remotes (yes I know discontinued). I love the layout and have everything mapped the same on both systems so my wife doesn't need to know what to turn on or off. Firesticks have a Flirc module that lets it do IR. Firesticks and other components wired through Onkyo receivers to single TV out. No smart TVs, just firesticks for streaming.

I do use Plex, but it is getting less and less useful on the firestick. FS transcodes audio to DD+ and in general isn't a great Plex unit. Still have a fire recast dvr unit, so will keep the firesticks for now for locals.

Would like to get an Nvidia shield pro to add. May migrate all over to it and get a different Tablo DVR, but for now, mostly Plex so I can get good DVD upscaling and actual sound format passthrough to my receiver instead of transcoding everything to DD+. What's the chances of it working with a Harmony IR remote? Really want to keep a single remote since I have grandkids that come over and don't need multiples to worry about losing...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks