What's new

URC MX-3000 Remote Software (1 Viewer)

RichardNelson

Auditioning
Real Name
Richard Nelson
My friend gave me his used MX-3000 remote and I can not find the software anywhere for it. I called URC and they said that any time the the customer adds new components to his or her home theater, the customer has to have the selling dealer/distributor come over and add the components. I told tham I live out of state from where it was purchased and the local dealer wants $200 a visit to program it. This could get very expensive! I simply asked them if I could buy the software, as I upgrade my home theater a couple of times a year all the time. They said no. Does anyone here know how to obtain the software? Or should I just get a Harmony 1000 instead of paying upwards of $200 a visit from my local URC dealer? Please help!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I use the Harmony 880 but if I had to do it again, I'd go with the 890 since it is RF to IR. I don't have to keep it pointed at the equipment. Adding equipment is a breeze.

Sell the MX on Ebay and you should have enough money for almost any Harmony you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks